Outline for a Comic Book TV show

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Koolimus Prime, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

If you could adapt any comic book into a TV show, what would it be?

Batman

Heros
    Batman
    Robin (Dick Grayson)
    Batgirl
    Nightwing (Jason Todd)
    Azrael
    Catwoman (anti-hero)

Villains
    Joker (TDK look, Mark Hammil-like voice)
    Harley Quinn
    Clayface
    Killer Croc (Origin is "Voodoo Magic" from the bayou)
    Riddler (gothic, like in "the Batman")
    Poison Ivey
    Bane
    Penguin (based of of Danny DeVito's character)
    Mr. Freeze
    Scarecrow
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Two-Face (Burnt, like in TDK, failed plastic surgery making him look more comic-like)

Reoccurring Cast
    Alfred
    Commissioner Gordon
    Lucius Fox

Each character would have an "episode" (basically a short, 10-minute clip/biography) to themselves for characterisation.
    Very dark, serious. Very little humour. No "fantassy" (I don't like that in Batman, but I love it in Marvel), realistic and "beleivable".
    EDIT: Lots of (albeit sadistic) humour from Joker. Spome fantassy, but not overpowerfull like Marvel. Mostly just Clayface, Killer Croc, and Ra's Al Ghuls Lazarus pits.... Basicly nothing overly Corny.

Ghost Rider

He needs a show, that's about it. :p 

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Dude, you've got the real identities of Nightwing and Robin mixed up. Nightwing is Dick Grayson, and Jason Todd was Robin.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Comic or live action?

For Robin, how about a season with no Robin. Introduce him at the S1 finale. Season 2 has Robin. Midway through S3, he becomes Nightwing. After that, Jason Todd is met and trained. Beginning of Season 4, he becomes the new Robin.

Of course, the show has to go that long.

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Truthfully I think the whole 'no fantasy' part would shoot itself in the foot.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Punisher MAX.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure what it'd be called, but the basic idea would be a live action series about Matt Murdock's rise to becoming Daredevil. It would ideally blow everyone's mind & be on the level of Breaking Bad, thus setting the bar for the live action comic book series.

7. Koolimus Prime

jason Todd was Nightwing once. (Plus I prefer the original Robin better :p )

8. Koolimus Prime

I meant it like it's a bit more beleivable. Not a complete lack of fantassy, but just a bit more seriousness.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Deadpool Cartoon, with loads of "Getting Crap Past the radar", lampshade hangings on the censorship and fourth-wall breaking.
    The show would have a comedic tone, but occasionally would become more serious [when the main villain is involved].

Heroes:
    - Deadpool [Nolan North, his current VA].
    - Blind Al [Kara Kestelman, voice of Kreia in KOTOR].
    - Weasel [Josh Keaton, known for being Spiderman].

Villains:
    - Black Swan [who came way before the movie, but would be constantly mocked by Pool for his name], the main villain of the series, a cunning mastermind of crime who can hack into people's mind, voiced by Malcolm McDowell.
    - T-Ray, recurring villain, voiced by Ron Perlmen.
    - Lots of disposable villains of the week.

Undefined:
    - Taskmaster, Wild Card on the show, voiced by Mark Acheson [Sabretooth in Wolverine VS Hulk and Unicron in TF Armada].

A Ghost Rider show woulnd't fly because it would be too expensive, I think.

Now, what would be awesome? A SHIELD tv-show, Mission: Impossible-esque show of espionage mixed with SCI-FI and steampunk, with touches of the superhero genre and James Bond movies.
    Show focusing on Nick Fury heading SHIELD as they face off HYDRA in a series of bizarre events.

Heroes:
    - Nick Fury, an WWII war eveteran [616-inspired, fuck Samuel L. Jackson and his bullshit] who survived thanks to a serum, played by Sam Elliott.
    - Dum Dum Dugan, Fury's right-hand man and trusted friend, played by Nick Nolte.
    - Maria Hill, the third in command who clashes with Fury, played by Olivia Munn.

Villains:
    - Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, an ancient Nazi who is now the leader of Hyrda, and he wants [you guessed] to take over the world, played by Jon Voight [seriously, he looks a lot like Strucker], would serve as Fury's arch-enemy.
    - Viper, his right-hand woman, played by Summer Glau [came to mind for some reason, go figure].
    - MODOK [the leader of AIM] would make a few appearences as another recurring villain, as well.

I picture a mix of X-Files/Fringe [CONSPIRACIES EVERYWHERE, also the "realistic SCI-FI"], Mission Impossible [the spy angle and teamwork] with some steampunk.

Seriously, who wouldn't love that? Just throw J.J Abrams to produce and awesomeness will be made.

10. Koolimus Prime

Not for a cartoon. ;) 

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It would be too dark for a cartoon, unless they either Refuge In Audacity or make it an explicetly adult cartoon.

I still prefer my SHIELD show idea though.