Out Of The Dead Land

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Coolhand, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    another :lol  at the "Mr Trigger" story.

2. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol  awesome contrast between personalities!

3. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

I love when that "intentionally" happens. :D 

This is becoming addicting to read. Mirage describing the art of the hunt was thrilling. :thumbs2: 

4. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    too cool beyond words.....bullet casing...oh my.........shaping up to be one of the best strips around.:thumbs2: 

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

CH

Great work on your comic. The careful posing is my favorite part.

I do think that, with the fairly serious tone, the chairs, carpet, etc. are just a little distracting. The writing keeps bringing us to Cybertron, but the furniture keeps dragging us back to the living room. What would you think about making up some simple backdrops? It's not difficult or expensive. The walls in my comic are just made from posterboard, laminated to box cardboard. I used the old cartoon as reference for the panel lines. I think Wayward does something similar with gray foamcore in her Insecticomics.

6. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I'm sorry I haven't commented on your comics for so long! :(  Sometimes I lose track of all the threads I'm subscribed to. :(  These were great updates, and I was very impressed with the last update in particular. Silverstreak's comments were hilarious, and the photography was perfect. :D  I also enjoyed Mirage's careful precision, along with his internal thoughts. The last panel was perfect! :lol  I got quite a laugh from Silverstreak's reaction! :lol  Your special effects were incredible as well. :D  Again, I'm sorry for not commenting sooner. I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens next! :D 

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Mirage's commentary reminds me so much of Bob Ross's art shows on PBS. All warm and fuzzy...until you see that muzzle flash and ejected brass. wonderful.

8. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Thanks again for all your comments guys. :) 

Yeah, the issue of how far to go with set design and construction was quite a tricky one. Since I barely have enough time to shoot and edit the comic as it is, I’ve made a deliberate stylistic choice to just use whatever is there.

Think of it as experimental theatre. Minimalist set design.

Pretentious? Moi? :D 

Thanks guys. Gotta admit, I'm rather pleased with the way that ejecting shell turned out, so we'll probably be seeing a bit more of that effect later on. I'm a bit of a John Woo fan, so I'm quite partial to a bit of spent brass flying through the air in slow motion...

An art show? With guns? This I gotta see!

9. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

O:

Clearly, I need to watch more Bob Ross.

"Ross is my name, and paintin' happy trees is my game!"

The shell really was cool, though...but Mirage putting together his weapon was better yet. Pure Hollywood sniper-style.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mr. Trigger. :lol  :lol 

11. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Mirage, just shoot him already! :lol 

12. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

Interesting. I took it these are toys unaware of being toys. That's why they talk about their enviroment in terms familiar to them. So your living room would seem like an alien planet and beneath the dining table a canyon. :) 

13. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    No, not an art show with guns, just that Bob talks in a soothing manner to the audience, but also to himself, thinking out loud, per se. Describing the process needed to paint, but not just the mechanics of painting, but the mental processes as well.
    So when Mirage is elaborating on his thought processes, of feeling the shot and not just seeing it, his preferred ammunition being more of a personal way to deal death, and the way he sets up his gun, with an inherent attachment to it that it is more an extension of himself than just a weapon...

Bob Ross teaches you how to make art come from within yourself and onto the canvas, and conversely, it felt like Mirage was teaching us how to release ourselves of distraction and become one with the weapon and the target and when the balance is achieved, it's not just death that is dealt, but artistry revealed upon us.

I think that's about as close to poetry as I'll ever get...now lets find out who got whacked eh?

14. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    :lolol  @ Mr. Trigger story and that last panel with all that rubble on top of Silverstreak.

Once again, absolutely brilliant writing, FX and shot compositions.

I personally still think Mirage is too full of himself. :p 

15. SFGMaster

SFGMaster Owns a Juvisy

Well, granted. But before, he was just some pompous ass, and now, he's like the Autobot Simon Cowell or something. Still a pompous ass, but one with character. :lol 

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    That was an amazing update, the visual effects were stunning.

I have to agree with the enviroment issues, with the chairs it looks like the "toys in a serious war" comic, much like Pun-3x's.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Read the comic. Grea effect, great dialogue. It´s truly one awsome comic. I love Mirage´s personality. This comic has grabbed my atention. It´s trully great. LOL at the "mr.trigger" story.

Truly a great comic.

18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

That last panel is absolute perfection! The whole comic was totally entertaining, but the end just cracked me up. :D 

And yeah, I liked the bullet casing effect. Little added extras like that are always cool.

19. Coolhand

Thanks for your comments guys. Sorry it took me so long to respond! My bad, as Prime might say...

Ah, I see. That still sounds like a great show, even without the guns! Mirage certainly sees what he does as being in the same bracket as great painting or the composing of great music. It's another reason for his aloof attitude: he's not a soldier, he's an ARTIST! :D 

:lol  Oh man, now I so have to GIMP up a panel with Mirage wearing black slacks with a stupidly high waistline....

Heh heh. Glad you liked that one. It cracked me up as well, so I think I'll be putting the Streak through quite bit more of that kind of thing in future...:ev: 

Well, that's the great thing about minimalist set design. It does allow somewhat for a degree of personal interpretation on behalf of the reader. (Man, I am coming up with SO many great excuses for being lazy...)

I think Pol mentioned something similar happening to him with Strarf, but the more I write for Silverstreak, the more I "discover" his voice, and the more I think that sarcastic little stories like Mr Trigger might become a recurring feature of the way he speaks.

And yes, Mirage is WAY too full of himself. But then, that's Mirage for you.

Yeah, I think that was Silverstreak's opinion as well. :D 

Thanks. :)  That's exactly what I was going for. If I could have found a little black suitcase with red velvet lining and shaped cut-outs for Mirage to unpack his weapon from, I would SO have used it for those shots. :D 

Coming today: New update.

20. Coolhand

New Update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's part one done and dusted. (It's kinda more like a prolouge than a part one actually, but hey, who's counting?)
    Part two starts later this week.

• Like Like x 1