Out of sheer Curiosity

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by StructuralDefect, Sep 13, 2007.

1. StructuralDefect

StructuralDefect Active Member

Ebay:
    Well after reading Prowl_Delta_31's thread on making the SWAT team ( congratulations by the way, ) ive been wondering what it is people do to fund their plastic crack habits ? long time lurker on this board but post on others as well so some may know me.
    Just think that with such a great online community as something like TF's has it would be nice to know what kind of people are behind the screennames, so if anyones up for it ill start off, ( and yes i know it sounds like an alcoholics anonymous meeting, )
    Anyway, my name is James, im 22, have been collecting for about 6 years, from th e UK and work as a professional Tattooist and Body Piercer, on the side i help out my wife in her Photography business and do doorwork ( bouncer ) now and then on the weekends.
    Anyone else ?

2. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I do data entry. It's boring but it sure beats dealing with customers all day.

Static-X rules, btw.

3. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

I'm a game artist/ illustrator. : ) Could probably work as a photographer if I really wanted. Have been a Japanese translator and all before as well.

Anything but the service industry, though. I would handle customers with a cackle, dribbling, and a bloodied spoon.

Have been a long-time fan of Transformers, but only really got into collecting 2 months ago.

4. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

I enjoy these types of discussions. Fun to see what everyone else does.

My name is Jason, I'm 32 and a graphic designer at a small graphics company in Downtown Detroit. I also do freelance design to help fund my addiction too.

Damn that plastic crack!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. misfit1015

misfit1015 Well-Known Member

i do estimating for a steel fabrication company, I've been addicted to various forms of plastic crack for years.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I teach at a local community college and I'm working on my first novel.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Use to run around the desert for a living. Currently in grad school to become a Physician Assistant.

With the recent discontinuation of my marriage and its associated financial obligations, I'm pumped about my income prospects starting in JAN09. Following a trip to Australia, I'll be going on a totally inappropriate eBay rampage.

In the meantime, it's funded by a combination of savings, GI benefits, weekend drill pay, financial aid, and credit cards.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Seems like we had a thread like this a while back that went on for pages and pages, but I can't find it now.

I work retail sales management, and on the side I pursue gigs as an actor/voiceover artist/entertainer. I've kinda put the latter on hold this year to focus on helping my wife and I get a house, find a better-paying job, and try to finance a baby in the next year or two. My plastic crack habit will likely be in rehab once a baby enters the picture.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My dayjob is an office manager, but I'm a drummer first and forement...studio stuff, teach lessons, arrange music for bands.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I work with computers and networks to make them more secure. Anyway, I'm one of the oldest fans on ths board. I'm 51 but I've been collecting since early 1985 and I've amassed quite a slew of Transformers and Transformers items. I own G1 right up to and including the 2007 Movie Transformers.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Full time social worker and part time in the mental health field

12. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, seems like I remember doing this a while ago too, but ah well. It's all in the name of getting to know each other.

My name is Brad, I'm 27 years old, and I run a Gentleman's Club for a living. I manage the club but I also DJ, bartend, and beat people up when needed (bounce) LoL. I started seriously collecting about a year ago with Primus. I already owned a few TFs that I had displayed in the DJ booth at the club, but my real addiction started with Primus himself :D 

13. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I was a concept artist/Illustrator for a video game company.
    Then I did Graphic Design.
    Then I worked for an Armory importing Kalashnikov Assault Rifles (doing graphic des.)
    Then I was a mortgage broker for 3 years
    now I am semi retired/Mr Mom.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    sweet current gig BM.

graduate architect currently specializing in interior design and contracts and the miscellaneous consultancy on the side. i could prolly earn more getting employed in a proper/bigger firm but im not a shirt and tie/9 to 5 kinda guy.

15. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Nice! I'm hoping to get a teaching gig when I move out west. I'll do that and freelance. I'm not a plastic crack addict, but that real kind is so hard to stay away from ;) 

Actually, I write for a TV marketing company, edit for a Corporate Consulting firm, and attend graduate school for Journalism/Creative Writing. I was freelancing for Rolling Stone magazine but left once school started again.

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Finance Manager for a used car dealership. The pay is good, but the hours suck.

17. redline928

redline928 06/26/09

Hello everyone, Im Ron, and I am a plastic crackaholic. It started when I was young got soundwave as my first...then it started. It was a dark time for me. Then I grew up, gave all my toys away that I didnt put fire crackers in (if they died in the animated movie, they got blew up in my backyard). I was smart enough to keep Prime in one piece, and I still have him today. Got the 20th anniversary Prime a few years ago and it started again. Then all the movie buzz got me going and I stop by a Target or Meijer a few times a week to buy toys. I now have over 100 again, sad.
    I sell cars for a GM dealership and we will have a real Bumblebee (except for the whole robot thing) in 14 MONTHS!!!!! And I currently have 4 Jazz's in stock!!(solstice) And the hours do suck but $$$$gotta have toys

18. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I'm a Radio DJ/Musician, and I also enjoy graphic design in my free time. I also play on a very reputable Paintball team in Atlantic Canada. I've been on the plastic for about a ear now. I've ALWAYS loved Transformers, but once I got out of highschool, I realized it didn't matter whether I was cool or not, so I started buying them again.

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Professional Ninja.

20. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I work as a Loss Prevention associate for Best Buy... in other words, I'm the guy at the front door welcoming you in, watching the cameras for people ripping stuff off, and checking receipts on the way out!

I love the job, but I may be going to another position in the store soon (better hours, better pay, & it's a "pseudo-supervisor" position)...