Out of severe curiosity...a question/discussion for everyone...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Janeails22x, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Makes notes, including addresses of all posting members...

"C'mon midget, we're going shopping! Mwa-ha-ha!"

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

the most valuable are, to me,
    Reissue Optimus Prime (TRU version, original), BW Ravage, got it for $25 instead of $80, MP Prime Timelines Thundercracker, which I splurged on and it was worth it

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a complete, loose Fort Max i paid 150 for. I paid more for less joy (and valuable) TFs.

I don't really track the outrageous prices of these things. If i made six figures a year, (as in 600k a year, minimum) i might because i would risk a wad of C-notes on something i really wanted.

and i want to declare that i will never, ever buy an AFA toy.
    i can't stomach mummifying such an awesome thing as a Transformer. lol.

Sentimental Value: G1 Omega Supreme. Got it for Christmas back in 85 (6th grade) and
    soooo loved the noise he made.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't keep track of what TFs go for, so I wouldn't know about the second question..

first one though:

in money: 20th Anniversary DVD Edition Optimus Prime (the Hasbro version of Masterpiece Prime, right?)

I have a sentimental bond with most of my TFs so..I'd probably pick the above Prime again though.

5. icefox

icefox Black GFC

Agreed! Just a few years ago I bought a MISB Wreck-Gar (This one in fact: Transformers Wreck-Gar Vehicle - ToyBin) Opened, stickered and played with him. :D  Toys should be played with (and he was the only one on ebay that week)

6. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

1--- Fortress Maximus in awesome condition.

2--- Hell if I know. Too many people get giddy when they see a $2,000+ transformer in a box that's never been opened :lol 

7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Armada megatron because my mom got it for me when I was sick as a kid

8. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I doubt if any of my figures are worth all that much, since they're all mostly out of package and played with. If I had to guess, probably my complete RID Omega Prime would be the priciest. Sentimentally, I have to split it up into past and present: Past would be G1 Skywarp, who was given to me by my best friend. Present would be Universe SDCC Nemesis Prime who was given, rather thoughtfully, to me by my beautiful wife.

I haven't really sold Transformers, but owning Cybertron Supreme Starscream did cost me a girlfriend once.

9. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Money wise, the most expensive Transformer I ever bought was the TFCC Seacons.
    The TF I have with the most sentimental value is God Ginrai because Powermaster Prime is the first Transformer I remember buying out of a store.

I haven't sold many of my expensive toys, but the one I think I got the most for was G1 Dreadwing (Darkwing and Dreadwind)

10. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:

1. Id say for me its probably a tie between loose classics mirage and ramjet
    2. I once sold a incompelte yellowed jetfire for about $20, i know it was worth tons more tho

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pricewise, it's Masterpiece Prime with the trailer. One of the coolest and biggest figures you can get. Pricey, but worth it.

As for sentimental reasons...my Hasbro reissue Soundwave with Lazorbeak and Ravage, 25th Anniversary Prime and TC Megatron are the ones I love the most. Once I started collecting again I hunted down reissues of those characters immediately. My reissues of Jazz, Inferno and Starscream are also up there because I had those as a kid. As for Transformers I had as a kid that I no longer own and they haven't reissued...definetly Devastator. Even my mom remembers me having that one, and that I could put it together while my dad was of no help.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most single expensive Transformer was Black G1 Tracks, $350 US at the time. I've never really sold any Transformers for any great deal of money, usually it was favors.

13. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Most valuable (sentimental, and price-wise) is probably my G1 Sixshot. I might be wrong, but I think he might have been the first TF I got that was my own, and not my brother's. He's still in very nice condition to this day, although some of his doors/flaps on the back of his legs are loose. He's still one of the only TF's I still have the box and foam insert for.

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most sentimental (past)--my G1 Skywarp, which has been in my possession since I was kid.
    Most sentimental (now)--maybe my Alt. Silverstreak/Bluestreak because it is what brought me back to this expensive fandom.
    most rare/unusual--maybe my Mexican G1 Prowl
    most I ever spent on a figure--BT Clear Mirage

15. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

my most valuable is either my lucky draw cybertron prime or lucky draw energon omega supreme.

sentimental beast wars optimus primal.

most money I sold was probably a full botcon set. $1000++

most money I sold one toy for was a pink transmetal optimus primal. $600

16. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i dont have a most valuable, but uni hound means a lot to me. hound was my favorite from g1 and its the only versio0n i have been able to get my hands on.