Out of severe curiosity...a question/discussion for everyone...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Janeails22x, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    1.) What is the most valuable figure in your collection? (You can answer based on Valued Price, Sentimental Value, or both)

2.) What is the most expensive Transformer figure that you have ever seen sold and what did it sell for?

These types of things intrigue me and thought it could generate a healthy discussion.

For me, 1~ Probably the blue Autobot Indy Car that I had as a kid but never understood why I could fold four things to create a robot. It was my very first Transformer toy that I still have today...could not tell you the name of it for the life of me though....I have no idea.
    ...and 2~ I have only really been collecting for a little over a year and have only focused on Alternators, Movie, and Animated, I have not been exposed to much on this topic, but I remember someone on YouTube saying they spent 300+ dollars for exclusive figures. Lame answer, I know...but I am sure someone has an outrageous story.

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    He's called Mirage, he's a Ligier F1 car.

Tough call between my MIB unused MC-13 UNCLE (Pre-TF's Microchange Megs), and my complete loose mint Scorpy. Neither have a particulary high cash value (I've got much more expensive TF's), but they're priceless to me.

MC-13 probably edges it, every time someone starts a 'which TF would you save in a fire/if you could only have one' etc. thread, he's the one that springs to mind first.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    1. Money-wise, there are several - My MIB Star Saber & Victory Leo, or my loose Overlord or MIB Scorponok; maybe my MIB Trypticon or my loose complete Fortress Maximus. My MIB (stickers unapplied) G1 Soundwave's got to be up there too, along with my Goodbye Convoy giftset.
    But for sentimental value? My original G1 Cliffjumper. I can still remember my Mum bringing it home from the shops and giving it to me when I was a kid. He's battered as HELL, but as far as I'm concerned, he's priceless. :) 
    Hrm. Sitting here 24 years & 600 or so TFs later, I wonder if Mum realised what she was starting... ;) 
    2. I do remember an AFA graded MISB G1 Megatron going for thousands on eBay some time ago. Perhaps some of the big money collectors here would remember more details. The most expensive I've actually seen myself would be the Battle Gaea that were sold at Botcon last year. That went for over a grand.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    1) Probably Masterpiece Megatron. I paid like, $90 for it. As far as sentimental value goes, I have no idea really, outside of a couple I hate I like all my figures.

2) No idea, I've seen the results of some pretty crazy eBay auctions...but I can't remember specifics.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I seem to remember it was supposed to have sold for $11k, but actually sold for $7 or 8k, an answer will appear soon no doubt.

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    1. Sentimental value,my David Kaye signed Energon 2 pack Megatron.

2. I've seen a bunch of crazy ebay auctions,though I think the highest one I've seen was a MISB Takara Fort Max.I believe it's final bid was well over $2500.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sentimental: G1 Hook. 1st Transformer & my grandparents gave him to me. Followed by the rest of the Constructicons.

$$ Wise: G1 Starsaber/Victory Leo gift set. Also have Sky Garry & Road Ceaser which are worth some $$.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Probably my AFA-90 Browning, or my misb Grand Max, which if I sent to AFA might get the same grade.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    my MP-4.. the most expensive figure ive bought, and also probably my favorite figure..

ive seen figures sold for thousands of dollars.. on ebay, on the boards, heard thru other collectors etc.. dont remember exactly which was the most expensive one though

11. AMG

AMG Old School

Sentimental value: My G1 red Bumblebee. I've had this bot since 1984, he was one of my first TFs.

I really can't pinpoint one single bot that I've seen sell for the most money.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

1. my most (monetarily) valuable toy is the big powered giftset. paid $800 for it, basically because I felt that that was the only way I'd easily be able to get all three figures. also, at the time, I wanted to get all of the japanese g1 figures and had entirely disposable income. I'm now tired of trying to collect expensive bricks, and have given up the chase for overlord and deathzaras.

2. the most expensive one I've ever seen for sale was (and I hope customs count) the recent defensor on ebay that was done by one of our members that went for $4600.

13. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Most prized bots I have are MP-04 (Prime w/ Trailer), MP-05 (Megs) and G1 Prowl (first bot I ever got 25 years ago).

14. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

1. Money: Victory Saber giftset
    Sentimental: Powermaster Prime

2. The AFA graded MISB Megatron already mentioned

15. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Sentimental: My Animated Prowl that my wife and Kids got me for Father's day. (It was the first TF that I ever got from them for a special occasion.)

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1) Value wise it'd have been my BT-17, but I opened and played with him until he became loose (wow, this sounds so wrong) so I don't think he's worth much now. Sentimentally, my son's RiD Spychangers Ironhide and Mirage will always have a place in my heart, since they were the beginning for me :) 

2) Anything over $1000 sort of becomes blurry to me simply because it's so beyond my means...But I do remember the Megs Draven mentioned.

17. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Senitmental- Armada Unicron. I mentioned to my wife when I first met her I wanted one. 2 weeks later he was on my doorstep

$$- Energon Omega Supreme. Mentioned to my wife I wanted one. Cost must have ot been an issue to her. 1 week and $170 plus S/H later...he was here.

I love my wife.

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    16" Statue Devastator is worth the most in my collection not sure what the value is now but last I saw just around $700.

Spent the most on ummm I would have to say the Devastator statue it was about $170 plus shipping around $190.

19. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

1) Monetary Value: I have a few like MP-04 which is going for $220, but I have seen it go as high as $400 and I bought it for $164 plus shipping. I also have Henkei Wildrider which goes for about $160 now me thinks. Also City Commander. The set was $76, Classics Magnus goes for about $45-50, then the Missiles and Lanchers I got for about $20 so that's about $146

Sentimental Value: I'm torn between Classics Optimus Prime and City Commander. OP is such a cool fig, I'd never trade him away! And CC, I pre-ordered him the first day he was up for grabs and I remember waiting patiently for 10 months for him to come out with great anticipation, and when I got him, he still surpassed my expectations!

2) I dont really check ebay that much, but seeing how much MP-04 went for was crazy.

20. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1a. Sentimental - G1 Bumblebee or G1 Galvatron. I loved Bumblebee as a kid, but I also have tons of memories playing with Galvatron. If I ever had to sell EVERYTHING, those 2 would be the last to go. I don't think I'd ever get rid of Bumblebee. I mean, it's not like he's worth anything. And I love the TFC Galvatron in show-accurate colors, that yells at you in Japanese :) .

1b. Value - Big Powered, although it's 3 bots. For a single bot, probably Black Zarak MIB, or Liokaiser MIB (since gestalt combiners are usually counted as a single bot). I've gotten alot of Japanese stuff this year, so it's hard to pinpoint.

2. Most expensive sold - Either the recent Hartman unused BotCon/OTFCC hand painted samples auctions or the G2 Stunticon auctions.