3D Artwork: Out of Ammo: Fakebusker's Melee thread (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by fakebusker83, Oct 1, 2012.

1. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh no...compliments are undeserved, as these designs are inspired from existing models from the game. But you are right, the designs do express 'good' and 'evil' characteristics that are visually obvious.

Er...which one? Most of these can't really be shrunk down due to engineering reasons, and the only one whose size I want to change is the Dichotomizer which I'd like to be even bigger LOL

The spiked club (Betrabludger)?

The clear parts are all FUD. Whew! Sure is an investment for simple test models... :( 

I must admit I'm amused by this. Never saw any of the original DBZ episodes before but this is hilarious.
    Hey take your time with the models man...I'm not even done revising them!

2. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    Awesome work mate, as usual. I'm looking forward to the Gyroguillotine and Megablade myself :D 

3. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright! I just put in a bunch of new stuff in the first post. Do check them out!
    And boy do I like telling stories...

4. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

Wow! That new stuff looks amazing.

I especially appreciate the engineering you included into each pieces so it could be broken up for printing in different materials.

5. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks cit.

It's kinda like what I meant when I told you you should split your Star Saber up. To an extent it'll be better for engineering, printing etc.

Makes for good practice too.

6. Armentitron

Armentitron Well-Known Member

How the hell do you come up with these weapon names?

7. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Playing around with thesaurus.com, my friend!
    I was kinda inspired by the names thrown around in Calvin & Hobbes 'Spaceman Spiff' strips, where you have 'Cosmic Ray Gun!' and 'Mertilizer!' and these names are an extension of it.

I thought they were kinda silly and cute.

8. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    Spaceman Spiff rules :) 

9. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

These are all awesome, but I'm curious. The way they're designed, is it easy to swap out the normal and energized blades whenever you want, or is assembly designed to be permanent?

10. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goodness, I spent an hour on these yesterday.

They are all easily swappable, no worries about that!

11. WuLongTi

News Credits:
    Dangit man! I nearly got trapped there myself!!

I once dressed up as Spiff one year for halloween... nobody recognized me though.. but then it was the late 80s and geeks weren't as main stream...

12. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think many younglings today would not recognise Spaceman Spiff, unfortunately. He is a product of our age. Boy do I sound old.

* * * * *​

Anyway, here are some more updates! I've made available the Galactic Dichotomizer after reworking the whole model!

[​IMG]

Version 1.0 was about 10 cm tall from handle to spike. It looked nice and handy but I felt something was missing. The Dichotomizer was meant for the larger, hunkier soldiers and it needs to fill the gap between 'normal' sized melee weapons and the massive Corbot V War Axe which is wielded by Optimus himself. Hence the new model is 13 cm tall handle to tip, which is as large as the Megamace itself! And I really like the energy pattern I did on the blades...

[​IMG]

I've also made the MegaBludgeon available. This is for those who are on a budget and wanted something to arm their evil overlords with that doesn't look too unintimidating. This accessory feels great! It's very solid despite its size, and the spikes are oh, so vicious looking.

[​IMG]

This model turned out so well I didn't have to make any changes to it. This one will turn out exactly as it looks in the picture.

[​IMG]

Check out the first post for more details and order links! Thanks guys!

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    ... I don't want to... It will make me want to buy them... :( 

14. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi guys!

Apologies for the wait...I know many of you are wondering what happened to the MegaBlade and Gyroguillotine. Well, I had to make some adjustments as there were fit issues with both models. Specifically where those side blade pieces fit onto the clear blade core.

I'm glad to report that my latest samples worked wonderfully:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The models are now designed to be more tolerating of tolerance issues (haha.) so you can order in different materials like Strong Flexible and/or Frosted Ultra Detail without facing too much problem. There might be areas which are slightly too tight/loose, but nothing a little glue or shaving won't fix.

Oh, and I managed to make them look even more accurate as well. The Gyroguillotine, especially, is proportioned perfectly.

You can find more details and pictures on the first post!

15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those rocks!

16. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I WANT EVERYTHING YOU MAKE BUT I CAN'T AFFORD THEM ALL *sobs*
    I really think you should try the FOC weapons, they're really cool, and you're really amazing.

17. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
    To commemorate this occasion and to usher in another year of awesomeness, here's the Spinal Tapper!
    I finally managed to get it done once I got my hands on an FOC Starscream. The rear handle should be able to fit onto Starscream's fist to simulate the 'forearm weapon' effect.

The blade itself is on a 3mm peg so you can choose to use it on cyberverse figures as well.
    Oh, and the handle is as hollow as can be (to reduce prices). When printing in Strong Flexible be sure to shake out all the loose powder or it will be leaking powder for weeks...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"The Spinal Tapper is the perfect assassin's weapon. It is stealthy, with a minuscule energy signature and
    the ability to deploy its vicious blade in less than 0.375 microseconds. Its uncanny ability remain hidden is
    due to its cruel ability to siphon energy off its victim; It starts off low in energy, but the deeper the blade
    penetrates, the more lifeforce it drains and the more damage it will cause to sate its destructive hunger.
    The target never knows what hit it until it is too late."

And yes, it is available on Shapeways! (As this model is untested, test prices are shown.)

Get Spinal Tapper Part A.
    Get Spinal Tapper Part B.