Out of all the luck!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omega Supreme-1, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love how I get my system repaired by Nintendo, and I get a faulty LCD screen back. First it started with not discharging properly, and leaving a ghost image. Then it had 1 dead pixel, which at first was white. Now it turned red, and guess what has formed next to it?! Another dead pixel, in red too! Grah >.<

Edit: Slight update, I just noticed i'm up to a grand total of 3 red dead pixels >.<;; Now that new dead pixel that is near the other two is flickering between being stuck or not...which is really wierd. Especially they are all in the same area...

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Have you tried massaging them?

3. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Massaging them? I have no idea what you are talking about

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dead pixels can sometimes be rectified by gently rubbing the affected area for a few seconds. That is only one of the possible fixes. Another is by loading an all black image and leaving it for a bit. It's how companies fix dead or stuck pixels on LCD TV's (that's the dumbed down version anyway).

5. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

First of all...a certain amount of dead pixels are w/in specks for any LCD screen. Good thing about Nintendo is they're not anal that you have to have so many pixels before you can get your system taken care of.

Contact them, and they can get your system taken care of.

6. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I was able to massage them back to life, apparently they were only stuck not dead. However, my DS not discharging is still an issue with it leaving a ghost image. Right now, if I open my DS and look I can see the opening screen of Star Fox Command in black and white. Though it's quite clear and distinct that the pixels are all stuck in whatever image was last there.