out for the last 2years...whats new?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by collectthem, Jul 5, 2010.

1. collectthem

collectthem Banned

Not movie toys but anything else, new series, animated, Hasbro and Takara. Thanks in advance

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This goes in Transformers Toy Discussion, not the Toyark.

3. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Well as far as shows there is "Transformers: Prime" out sometime this year (details are still scarce).

Hasbro is still struggling to find a way to market the remainder of the Animated figures (mostly in the same way that Arcee and Ratchet were Toys R' Us exclusives).

A new cross console Transformers game has come out called War for Cybertron that includes its own set of toys which currently include Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Soundwave.

New figures on the horizon right now (non-movie) are things like the new Generations series with big names like Jazz, Perceptor, Straxus and tons of others (check the Botcon 2010 news for more names and pics).

Hasbro is really trying to consolidate their lines so there has been a lot more crossover in the style of the figures.

"You got your classics in my movie!"
    "Well you got your movie in my classics!" stuff like that.

And figures that are out in stores right now are a movie subline called "Hunt for the Decepticons" (I know it's movie but it has figures like Seaspray who can fit pretty good into a classics collection if you so choose), the first wave of Generations (which is the new placeholder for classics style figures), and my personal favorite "Power Core Combiners". I don't know if it's a movie subline or not but to me it looks much more at home in the A.E.C. trilogy of figures bringing back such things as Minicons and an Energon Optimus Prime style of limb combination (but with a cross figure "Scramble City" feel to it).

Masterpiece Grimlock is making his way to Toys R' Us nationwide as well.

*Edit: Oh and Beast Wars Dinobot took the tf world by storm when he won the 5th spot in the transformers Hall of Fame during Botcon 2010. With a surprise upset win over Soundwave he is now among the likes of Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream.

4. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Gogdog - ya took the time to correct him but not answer his question? sheesh.

Collectthem - There's loads of new stuff coming out.

Power Core Combiners: Scout class figures that come with "brute mode" equipment in the form of vehicles that form arms and legs. the arms and legs automorph when you attach them to the Scout that forms the torso. Like combiners, but not a team of bots - more like one bot with a bunch of stuff he uses to become bigger, exactly like Energon Optimus Prime.

Generations: The third wave of just-for-the-sake-of-figures Transformers, after Classics and Universe. a TON of new figures, and special attention paid to G1 figs that haven't been hit yet, like Jazz, Tracks.. and so far Thrust and Dirge will be released out of the 3 botcon seekers - and they look better than the Botcon ones!

Hunt For The Decepticons: An extension of the movie line. Lots of good stuff and plenty of new molds.

War for Cybertron The newest video game, and so far a handful of figures will be in the Generations Line.

5. collectthem

collectthem Banned

Sounds like a lot of cool things. Now on to BBTS to see what I like and make some orders.Thank guys