Our universe, in a bubble?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Sep 30, 2008.

1. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Alright, I think its a very interesting idea even if its kinda far fetched and egotistical to think that we are special. That only "us" live in this void. even so it pretty cool to think that every idea we had about "our" universe is wrong. I believe that everybody is right and wrong when it comes to our universe.

The link to the actual paper:
    [0807.1443] Living in a Void: Testing the Copernican Principle with Distant Supernovae

This blog is more intellectually stimulating then that yahoo! new post and i think it details the subject better.

Edit: After reading all the comments left on that blog i found this very well written comment left by Jonathan Seer (Myspace music man at that http://www.myspace.com/callingallmen)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Except for the fact that intelligent design doesn't try to prove the Genesis account of creation. Instead, it simply seeks to show that the evolutionary theory perhaps doesn't explain everything. If indeed it doesn't explain everything, then the intelligent designers would say maybe there is room for a god in it. They achieve this through scientific studies, some of which is most certainly "real" science.

Creationism does argue for a literal understanding of the Genesis account of creation.

Before totally writing off a system of thought, it's usually a good idea to learn what it really entails.

Edit: Wow Mechatron. That post you showed pretty much echos something I had said earlier in the thread that was deleated. Pretty insightful.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, some atheists believe in Intelligent Design (OMG!).

4. Jazzy Zx

Jazzy Zx Wants too be called Jz :P

News Credits:
    *Pop*
    We're all doomed

5. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

[​IMG]