Our justice system at work.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paladin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its about right for the UK.

I hope the judge's house gets done over, so when the dipshit reacts the same way we can all scream hypocrite into his fat face. Also if your gonna get jailed for protecting your family you might aswell kill the intruder, you're going to jail either way so you might aswell make it worth your time.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    What the fuck... The man was defending his family... What the fuck...

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Not to side with the judge.. but he kind of does have a point. Self-defense is legally defined as using reasonable force to stop an attack. The family apparently chased after the gang and beat them in their front yard - what they did does violate the law. I understand letting your emotions get the best of you, but they went waaay overboard and could have ended up being charged with second degree murder.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Sounds like they went a little overboard, but I don't think that should get the burglar off the hook. Oh well, not my call to make.
    Home invasion style burglaries (where the plan involves taking the homeowners hostage like this) are scary stuff.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Sorry to double post, but I think this might offer some insight into the Judge's decision:
    Tennessee v. Garner

True, it's an American case, and involves an officer shooting a fleeing suspect as opposed to a homeowner beating one, but it was a landmark case and I think theres a comparison on at what point the law sees a suspect become a victim.

7. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

I disagree. How many times one person came back to another's for revenge.
    The victims live in that house. Meaning the robbers can come back. They already tied them up and threaten them. The weapon was fear.

So out of his family's safety, Sometimes you "have to release some aggression, beat [them] to death, to teach [them] a lesson."

In other words, He'll think twice before coming into the victims house again.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    So people can break into my house and tie me and my family up and that's just fine; but if I fight back and kick the shit out of the little c*nts I end up in prison?
    Disgusting.
    See you in the next cell, Mr Hussain. Because anyone who breaks into my house is getting an utter fucking shoeing.
    You break into someone's house, tie them up and terrorise them, you deserve everything you get. My sympathies are with the real victims.

9. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

my thoughts exactly!

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah, same over here. Police and justice systems seems to be busy punishing the regular joes. At the same time, criminals and violent, asocial citizens are given pretty much free play.

If you break into a house and kill someone, you are probably back on the streets within two years. If somebody breaks into your house and, while defending yourself, you kill him, you're in jail for a long, long time. Talk about the metaphorical slap in the face.

And they wonder why people are dissatisfied over here.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can not be Sewious?

Exactly!

12. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the daily mail. That means there must be some other part of the story they've left out.

13. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except that 2 of his buddy intruders were still loose. It's reasonable to think that they would come back to help their buddy out if he was merely held down or tied up. If you disable one guy and the other 2 does decide to come back then it's one less guy to worry about.

And I would think this "Last year's Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill contained clauses to protect people from prosecution if they act instinctively and out of fear for their safety" would protect Hussain from his actions.

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Talk about adding insult to injury. I can't say I understand the reasoning either. If someone were to tie me and my family up and threaten to kill them I would have likely reacted the same way. Shame on the judge for not understanding that people have a tendency to defend themselves when being victimized. As for going too far, well that is negotiable as the judge was never in any real danger to understand how the true victims were feeling at that moment.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

That's kind of sad honestly. So I can't even defend myself and my family in my own home? That's ridiculous, anyone breaking into my house better be fearful of my partners shot gun.

16. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    How dare you bring logic into a fall of humanity thread. C'mon guys, let's get her too!

:stick: 

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In defending the judge's decision, you're sorta implying that he's required to enforce the law to the letter, without considering the extenuating circumstances. But if that's the case...why is an invader who threatened force allowed to walk free?

If your response is "what they did violates the law," isn't it unfair to give the other party a pass?

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

I suppose it's possible that the burglar's brain damage from the attack is severe enough as to fulfill the incapacitation goal of sentencing. Then again, I kinda doubt the article would be making that big of deal out of him going free if that were really the case.

19. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Perhaps he felt the severe beating with the cricket bat, hockey stick, etc. to the point of brain damage and was punishment enough?

Edit: It also said he was given a custodial sentence, which I assume means he's being put into some correction/rehabilitation institute due to the brain damage. So both parties got some form of punishment for what they did.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

American History X come to life.