Other Wreckers for either Fansproject or Hasbro to update

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, since Springer/ Defender just got released on BBTS, and since I can't remember if Fansproject was making Broadside or not, which other Wrecker member do you think either they or Hasbro will make a new mold/ repaint an existing one for next.
    I figure Hasbro would do
    Whirl (Cybertron Evac) for the Catch all line
    Roadbuster (maybe reissue the 2 pack version)
    Impactor (new mold, since Straxus is getting a figure)
    Top Spin
    Twin Twist (either new molds in Deluxe range or a reissue of the old ones in a 2 pack)

while Fansproject might tackle
    Broadside
    Sandstorm
    Rack N Ruin

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Would love to see Impactor

3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love it if Hasbro created a new general helicopter mold (deluxe, voyager or ultra, whichever) and use it for Whirl along with Blades (I lump the previous Universe Blades in with Cybertron toys, not Classics) and Vortex.

I do remember FansProject saying something about Broadside before; since I'm pretty sure Hasbro wouldn't do either Broadside or Sandstorm, I'd be happy to see these two come after Springer.

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    "Collector" Wreckgar, no? :sly2: 

6. Rattrap Primal

Yeah, but Broadside hasn't even been shown in prototype form yet (is Fansproject taking things slow, knowing Hasbro is starting to notice them? Or do they only do one or two things a year? Cause I remember them announcing a Classics Matrix and Megatron in gun mode in TF Scale.) So given their time to make new product, FP will probably have the Rodimus add on later in the year, while Broadside might be next year

7. Rattrap Primal

I forgot about Wreck Gar

8. Rattrap Primal

of course, this is all since I figure the Wreckers have increased in popularity somewhat since the 80's

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, whats with the triple posting?

FansProject is a small company. Their products are VERY intricate and thought out, which translates into time-consuming design and time-consuming production.

Moreover, since their products occupy a higher price bracket, it behooves them to string out releases a bit so their market (even if it's a specific, older, more mature audience) can save up a bit instead.

Why compete with themselves? Pump out Defender, watch it mostly sell out in a month, completely sell out in two, give everyone a month or so to recover, then kick out Munitioner/Explorer in July/August, then rinse and repeat with Potector around Christmas, maybe with an additional smaller release for the holidays

Fansproject is not hasbro, aligning your expectations with that of a mass retail producer is totally unrealistic. They don't care about putting whole "waves" of products on store shelves. They only need to put one or two freakin fantastic products out every quarter and clean up.

Some preliminary art work every once in a while just keeps up the hype.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wreckgar is not a Wrecker.

Though typing that sentence out makes me think that it would make sense! Haha

FP is usually 2-3 products a year. The Matrix and mini megs were cancelled due to them being to close to their sources.

So far, we have "Collector", "Munitioner", "Explorer" "Protector", "Glacialbots" and whatever the hell that Broadside homage is, down the pipeline. But, things change. The G3 trailer went on hiatus for awhile and then came back. Protector is on hiatus right now, but I'm sure, will no doubt return.

Lots of good stuff down the pipeline for FP. If I had to pick something I'd love to see? I want a classics/energon Devastator set. If I had to pick a Wrecker? I guess Perceptor is a Wrecker technically these days right? In the comic he's a sniper. I LOVE that idea. :) 

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Sorry but Cybertron Evac is an awful idea for whirl, I know they did it as a legends fig but that felt almost like a throw away and just using the name for the sake of getting out a repaint to me, now e bulkhead could work, ROTF Whirl isn't bad but neither of them have the square lense head sculpt I'd really want for whirl.

I'd love to see all the wreckers get new toys, sadly I think most of them will be through FP rather than hasbro although I'm not counting out a Hasbro spring, just not for a few years yet though.

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'd love to see the Wreckers all get updated releases. I wouldn't mind a Hasbro Impactor. But I'd rather see what FP could do with Broadside, Sandstorm and Rack n' Ruin. I'm actually ok with my ROTF Whirl and Uni. Roadbuster with add-on kit. And can't wait for Defender/Springer to be delivered. That just leaves Twin Twis t and Topspin. Don't know quite what either could do for them.