other transformer sites rivals?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregles

gregles quintesson

comic book origin vs cartoon origin, ebay vs amazon, autobot vs decepticon, yahoo vs google, beast wars vs g1, myspace vs facebook, PC vs MAC etc us humans can form alegancies and rivalries over prety much anything and everything. I recently saw two of my friends have a big debate(argument) about the merits of either facebook or myspace which got me wondering does anyone feel a personal alegance to this site over similar sites? is it ok to be a member of multiple sites?. to suggest transformer sites would be rivals seems a little strange to me but if someone from the future had tapped me on the shoulder around the time of the creation of the internet and told me that people would have cyber stalking/sex/trolling/bullying I would have said they were strange too.

I personaly only joined this site in early august and in august I also joined two other sites I didnt know much about each of the sites before I joined them. I found them from yahoo or google searches and wanted to show off a few customes I had done and social network a bit which I had never really done before. I have chosen to post more of my customs and threads on this site as I seemed to get more replys.

are the sites rivals? I would love to know what you think about this

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:popcorn 

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    years back their were such things but ever since I guess armada days things seem fairly calm.

as for Facbook vs MySpace both your freinds loose..

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I'm just a member of this board only but sometimes I browse other TF sites to confirm news. There's no real beef from what I gather but what do I know?

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a member at a couple of places but I really only hang out here. This is where I feel most comfortable, both from a site design and community vantage point.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    There used to be some pretty bad rivalries. Apparently I am STILL banned from one popular site that I actually only BRIEFLY joined and left (Their rules were MUCH more lax at the time and having small kids back then I really didn't want them to try and view the site...my first experience was a guy who posted a lot who's sig pic was 3 dogs humping!). It was either my complaint about that or the fact that I was a regular at a different board back when it was the "board wars" and the rival sites were full of bile that got me the banhammer...something I only ever found out years later when the place seemed much improved and I tred to make a post. Frankly I became a regular at the other site because it was smaller and other than the occastional flag wavers from "the other guys" (where I am banned) who would come over just to name call it was pretty mellow. I met some great friends and still post there...and here...and on the club boards...regularly. Ryan asked me about signing up at Seibertron once but how many sites can you have the same conversations on :p  So I'm there too, but rarely.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Fortunately the worst of the rivalries are behind us now, it's much more of a friendly rivalry these days.

After all, we're all nerds and we're all fans of the same thing, what's the issue if some of us prefer to celebrate our hobby on one site rather than another?

That being said, a thread like this can sometimes dredge up the old wounds, ugly stuff. Appreciate your curiosity gregles, but some things - some of the rivalries - are best off left in the past so we can all get on with moving forward and away from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.