Other places you have heard your favorite Voice Actors, besides cartoons.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by netkid, Oct 19, 2009.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am beginning to think that voice actors are media whores.
    or the pay scale for 'em is soooo low they have to do 5 or 6 shows/series in a year to get by.

I was watching an episode of The New Twilight Zone (mid 80s) this weekend, and heard a voice actor's voice. it was Patrick Warbuton (from Family Guy, Kim Possible, Venture Bros.) playing a Conan-esque character.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    First thing that comes to mind is Scott McNeil as Bonesteel in that awful 90s Ninja Turtles show.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Robert Paulsen in the Mr. Opportunity car commercials..

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Let's see the standouts first
    -Micheal Bell as Groppler Zorn in the Star Trek: TNG pilot "Encounter at Far point."
    -Chris Latta as the Pakleth captain in a TNG season 2 episode
    -Gary Chalk on Stargate SG-1, The dead zone, and shitte loads of other TV shows shot in Vancover
    -Phil Lamarr, Mad TV

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear David Kay everywhere here, he does a ton of TV commercial and radio work in Canada.

7. netkid

News Credits:
    He was also in Roadhouse and I think he played a thug on Seinfeld.

Didn't he play a newsman on television in one of the X-Men films?

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Clancy Brown, Keith David, Lance Henrikson all have done supporting roles in various projects.
    I heard Mr. David's voice in one History channel special about comic as well as a US Navy ad.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    All I've heard them on is cartoons.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gary Chalk, in Watchmen.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Wasn't he also in Freddy vs. Jason?

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you live in the Vancouver area, I'm sure you've heard Ocean's cast in various TV and radio ads over the last couple of years. Most notable being Paul Dobson's narration for the Tourism BC ads. Kirby Morrow's been shilling for Toyota for awhile, and has also done some environmental radio adds. There's a radio add running currently for some bank (I think Coast Capital Savings) that's performed by Gary Chalk, or someone who sounds remarkably like him. I'm pretty sure Matt Hill did a radio ad for Mike's Hard Lemonade several years back (even introduced himself as Matt in the ad).

Also, was recently watching the news when Matt's voice suddenly piped up. Turns out he was being interviewed about a charity bike marathon or somesuch that he was helping to organize.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Isn't Frank Welker in Steven Soderburgh's latest fim: "The Informant"?

Michael Ironside was in Terminator Salvation.

Let's not forget Ron Perlman.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think so.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Gary Chalk was indeed in Watchmen. Michael Kopsa (the Canadian voice-over actor for Char Aznable of the Gundam 0079 and Char's Counterattack dub, and X-Men Evolution's Beast) is also in Watchmen. I think he was either one of the (speaking) members of Dr. Manhattan's studio audience, or he might have been another military guy in Gary Chalk's scene. Anyway, he spoke, and he has a fairly distinct voice.

I know Chris Latta was in some episodes of Married With Children, but I don't know which episodes, and I don't know what he looks like, so I can't exactly point out which person he is.

Frank Welker uses his Dr. Claw voice as the voice of Malbolgia in "Spawn" and the sentient cave entrance in Aladdin.

David Kaye shows up in a ton of live-action stuff in brief cameos, usually as a reporter. David Kaye was in X-Men 2 as a reporter interviewing an offscreen Hank McCoy. You can see him on TV in the scene with Mystique in the bar. David is also the reporter in several episodes of Battlestar Galactica and The X-Files. I wonder if he used to be a reporter...

Actually, the X-Men movies are rich in cameos from X-Men voice actors. David Kaye has a cameo in X2, and he was the voice of Professor Xavier and Apocalypse in X-Men Evolution. X-Men 1 has George Buza (voice of Beast in the 90s) as the truck driver who gives a ride to Rogue. X2's female White House tour guide in has a lot of dialogue, and she's the voice of Jubilee in X-Men Evolution. David Hayter (writer of X1 and X2, voice of Solid Snake, and voice of Captain America in the 90s' Spider-Man cartoon) is presumably one of the museum guards of X1, but I haven't been able to figure out which one.

Alessandro Juliani (Nightscream from Beast Machines) is Lt. Gaeta in Battlestar Galactica. He had a fairly large role in the first few seasons, and he had a full character arc in season 4. He even did a song for the season 4 soundtrack. Not bad for a guy who 10 years ago was one of my most hated TF characters.

Corey Burton (G1/Animated Shockwave, Animated Megatron, Brawn, Spike Witwicky) is Disneyland's official Vincent Price soundalike. I'm aware that the Haunted Mansion has Vincent Price voice over, but as the decades continued, the voice samples got worse in quality. I'm not sure how much of Haunted Mansion is Vincent Price and how much is Corey Burton, but I know that Corey re-recorded a good portion of that ride while doing what I assume is a near-perfect Vincent Price impression.

One of the more hilarious and obscure cameos is in Vin Diesel's movie The Pacifier. Vin's character's commanding officer
    who turns out to be the bad guy
    is played by Chris Potter, who was the voice of Gambit in the 90s X-Men cartoon. I didn't even read that online, either. There was a scene where his character continued talking offscreen, and I realized, "Holy shit, I know that voice, it's friggin' Gambit!"

I wouldn't count Michael Ironside, Lance Henrikson, or Ron Perlman's roles as "voice actors" being in roles beside cartoons. I'd consider them more like live-action actors who do some voice work on the side.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    There's something on TV tropes called Hey It's That Guy that can really give you info for this topic.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Kevin Clash voiced splinter in the original movie and is also Elmo(toon and live) and many other SS characters.

Leif Tilden(Donatello actor) also from TMNT was Robbie from Dinosaurs and the the voice in the toon.

There are a ton of the 80's guys who are in all sorts of voice work now.:lol 

18. netkid

News Credits:
    I heard he plays Matt Damon's character's Dad.

I've been trying to figure this one out too. I think he may have actually been a police guard that came to the Statue of Liberty AFTER the X-men defeated Magneto, when all the police and rescue workers could finally reach the island safely.

19. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Was watching the NASA channel and Peter Cullen was doing the voice over for a show in his Prime voice.

20. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

Beautiful!You know your Voice Actors quite well.

There is also David Hayter,who wrote the Watchmen Movie.Alessandro Juliani was also given a role as a military technician.

Latta also done a small role in Sienfeld,particularly the Episode where he mugged Kramer.

Actually Kaye worked on radio in Peterborough,Ontario when he was in high school.He also studied broadcasting in his university/college days...so that sort of background could be the reason why he is casted in so many reporter roles.

Though he's not a Voice Actor,I would like to add that another Transformers person,Tom DeSanto also had a role in X-Men...but I bet you know that already(lol).In X-2,there is also another Voice Actor,Ty Olsson,who also was cast in Battlestar Galatica,as Captain Aaron Kelley.Expect him to be in the movie 2012 with Blu Mankuma.