Other Misuse of 911

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwing48, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

We might as well compile these into one thread.
    From Woman calls 911 when husband refuses to eat dinner - Yahoo! News

If her cooking is that bad... She basically calling that her victim doesn't want to participate in the attempted homicide.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    theres the one about the lady calling becuase her pizza delivery was late

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    omfg that woman deserves jail time XD

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think that some people should be kept in a Zoo for their own saftey.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    agreed..

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So, are these stories about people who always used "Im gonna tell on you!" to get people to stop doing something when they were younger, and have now just continued the habit?

I mean, I'm all for the police having a certain level of authority, but there's got to be a limit somewhere.

7. newguy

newguy i

People are silly.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

*Facepalm*

Seriously... calling 911 just because her husband refused to eat dinner? She definitely deserves those charges of misusing 911.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol 

Wow.

10. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I remember years ago in an interview with 911 operators, they were telling about the weird calls they got. Like some people would call up and ask "What time is it?" Or "I ate a subway sandwich and didn't like it. I want a refund."

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

she shuold have called me, i would tied him to a chair and force feed him the slop. then i would tie her up too and slap her for 10 minutes for misusing 911.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My mom has a redneck ringtone...
    911 Op- 911, what is your emergency?
    Redneck- Uh, my friend fell out his deer stand and i uh think he's dead.
    Op- calm down, sir. can you make sure he is dead?
    Redneck- yeah, hold on a minute...
    *2 gunshots in the background*
    Redneck- Now what?

it would be a lot funnier if i didn't suspect it HAS happened.

People are dense at times.

13. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I can't believe people are so fucking stupid...

14. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I called 911 once at a Walgreens because their employees, including 3 managers, were too incompetent to refund $50 to me on multiple locations. They wanted to, but didn't know how and kept having me come back to the store to speak to someone else that might know how. Fortunately for me, the officers that showed up realized what was going on and encouraged the employees to refund my money. They did and I never shopped there again.

15. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    :peoples: 

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Why did you call 911? You couldn't have called "0" for the operator to get a hold of the non-emergency police phone number? You don't see a problem with this?

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    :wtf: 

18. grayman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I called 911 and immediately said, "not an emergency, please transfer me to the regular police line". This is part of the 911 service. I didn't know the local non-emergency police line number and didn't think to call 0 for the operator. I was pretty upset at the time since I had just had a colonoscopy, it was the third day in the same store trying to get my $50 back so that I can buy medication that I needed.

19. grayman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To clear up confusion as to what happened, here is the full story. I went to the local Walgreens on a Friday evening to fill a prescription for medication that I need to survive. I used a $50 American Express giftcheck to pay for it and waited the hour for the prescription to be filled. When the Walgreen's clerk handed me the medicine, I noticed that it was only half of the amount. I told her that there was a mistake. She checks the computer and tells me that the insurance will only pay for half the dosage. I told her that my doctor will insist on the full dosage. She says that if he calls the insurance company, he might get them to approve it. I use their phone to call him, but he has gone for the day and will not return until Monday. I asked the clerk for a refund and told her that I would return on Monday once everything has been cleared with the doctor and the insurance. She goes to the register and refunds the money to the American Express account and hands me a receipt. I ask her for the money and she says that it is in the account. I tell her that this is a gift check, like a gift card. I tell her that I cannot access the account and need either cash or store credit back. She doesn't understand and gets the manager. The manager comes over and says that she is not the store manager, just the shift manager and does not know how to refund the money. She tells me that a finance person will be there the following day and they know how to do it. I agree to return the next day and go home. Everything is amicable between them and me at this point.
    I swing by the next day shortly after 1 pm as instructed and explain the situation to one of the clerks. They get the manager and tell me that the person that knows how to do it is not in that day, but will be in on Monday. I agree to return on Monday and everything is amicable between them and me at this point.
    On Monday morning I go to the doctor to have a colonoscopy and asked him to call the insurance to clarify the issue. From there I head straight to Walgreens. I had my hospital id bracelet on and bandage from the IV when I showed up with my father to deal with the issue. I ask for the manager and explain the situation. He goes to the register and tells me that he refunded the money to the account and that there is nothing else that he can do. I explain that I have no access to the American Express gift check account. I explained that I needed either cash or store credit to purchase my medication. He says that there is nothing that he can do. At this point, I have run out of medication and don't have the money to buy it without the giftcheck refund, so I used their phone to call 911. Again, when the 911 operator picked up the call and I immediately said that it was not an emergency and she transfered me to the regular police line. I explained the situation to the dispatcher and she sent a cruiser with two officers to the store. When they showed up, I calmly explained the situation and they pleaded with the Walgreens manager to cash the giftcard check and refund the money to me cash. Walgreens did it and my father and I thanked the officers for their assistance. I went down the road to the Walmart, filled my full prescription and took my medication with a much needed meal.
    As far as I can see, other than dialing 0 instead of 911 to get help from the police, I do not see what else I could have done. I never lost my temper, cursed or hit anyone. The police took care of the matter in less than 10 minutes, didn't have to yell or arrest anyone and left the store happy. This incident to me is sad and causes no anger. I understand that the Walgreens staff had no ill will towards me, but they were effectively stealing my medicine money.
    Since then, I have never paid for medication with anything other than cash and I currently have enough of the medication that I need to survive to last me thru July of 2010. I hated having to use two officer's valuable time on something so stupid, but who else are you going to call for help in a situation like this.

20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    HELLO...911!

....yes sir, what is your emergency?

I AM AT THE DRIVE THRU AND THEY GAVE ME 2 DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS INSTEAD OF 3!