Other Members of The Elite Guard?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Aug 16, 2008.

1. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    you know nothing of the sort
    fanfiction is not canon, and nothing has been confrimed for season three yet
    at all

spiderus prime threads are tragicly hilarious, like two clown cars colliding and bursting into flame

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Honestly speaking I think he's just a 9 year old or something. :rolleyes: 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If his profile age is right, he's either NOT very good with english or completely nuts.

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Ironhide is NOT an elite guard member what so ever(as of now)but would love to see more ironhide in animated of course.

5. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    What leads you to believe this IIRC you didnt see Ironhide's faction emblem in the transmission that he sent to Ultra Magnus while he was on earth which would be the only evidence to support him not being elite guard since he was trying out for the elite guard alongside Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Longarm etc.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I think we should make this clear.
    Autoboot Camp =/= Elite Guard training.

That's what the Autobot Academy is for.

7. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I just hope that they decide to make more members for the Elite Guard. With just those known members, it seems to me that the Elite Guard is nothing more than a school club.

8. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Well considering the supposed 'everyone gets a toy' policy that went with seasons 1 & 2 of the cartoon they really had to keep the numbers small but since they have apparently dropped this policy for season 3 they can flesh things out more. If as indicated the "Rodimus" and "Cyclonus" teams only appear for a short time in the first episode and are unlikely to get toys.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    He just put that in his sig. I'm not sure we're reaching the guy.

10. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

since this is all fanboy and such, here's my thoughts. the elite guard is definetly a best of the best kinda group. as far as i see it it should be comprised of Magnus, Brawn, Wheeljack, Kup, Hound, Ironhide, Blurr, Jazz, and Sentinel...but they just screwed Sentinel up royally and that makes the whole EG thing sketchy. Sentinel is the ego-driven high school QB that had the blonde cheerleader (Elita) that didn't really love him. All the other members that currently are part of the EG, along with my recommendations above, would have legitimately earned their place. The fact that Sentinel and not Optimus is on the Guard, in my opinion, makes the show more "human" friendly as it shows that there is still favoritism and praise for the physically perfect over the true character of a person/bot. Oh, and Ratchet should have more than earned his spot on the EG!

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    not really-his incident with Arcee and Lockdown was pretty much when his carrier went down the drain. didnt he say something about how that was the end for him? or sumthin like that...

12. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

But was that because he pissed off the Elite guard and was demoted, or did HE make the choice himself to just get away from all the fighting? I would imagine that what happened to Arcee would have caused some ire from Ultra Magnus, but not severe enough to ruin his career. After all, he DID keep the access codes away from the Decepticons, and Ultra Magnus doesn't seem like that unreasonable a bot. He could've recognized that and recognized Ratchet's true talents as a medic.

I'd venture to say that Ratchet himself opted to leave the medical field and go to a life of fixing space bridges just to be away from it all.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i was saying that as how he decided to quit...maybe i worded it wrong-i was saying thats when he was through with it-i guess i shoulda been a bit clearer, huh

14. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

maybe, i don't know. i just think that if you get captured, scarred, and still manage to fight your way out of the situation, it should count for something. a lot of people win military honors and don't want them because of what got them for the person.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah you did it was huge on his chest he is/was(hopefully not was) an autobot in mission accomplished.

16. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    And it was a normal bot symbol not an elite guard one? if so then Im gonna go with animation flub cause I think its fairly clear he is elite guard.

But then I tend to view the elite guard differently to alot of other folks the way it comes across to me is that despite its name the elite guard arent a special division of the Autobot military they ARE the Autobot military non-EG bots are non-military bots like OPs space bridge repair crew, Ironhide definatly applied for Elite Guard as shown in Autoboot Camp and his involvment in military action in the transmission from Mission Accomplished indicates he is EG.

17. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

That's indeed too big a list, with just pretty much all the most known Autobots out there. I mean... what kinda a military organisation (as if in a whole nations or in this case, a whole planets) consists mostly of the "elite"? Wouldn't that belittle the term?

18. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Because the 'Elite' are the ones who become Warriors and the rest are well the rest.
    These guys are the 'elite' among the Autobots the ones who put their lives on the line protecting Autobot interests they are more Elite than a space bridge repair crew.

In previous TF fiction the concept of civilian bots has been broached before in Animated the Autobots are the civilians the Elite Guard are the military that came about 'most likely after the end of the great war' the average Autobot isnt a soldier you have to understand that its different up until the events of Transform and Rollout the Decepticons were in exile nobody had even seen one in a long time while every Autobot was likely a soldier by default in the great war the EG was founded as guardians of the peace for a time of peace.

The history in Animated is something I really hope get a little more exploration in S3.

19. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    well jetfire and jetstorm are members of the elite guard

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... No they're not.

Oh wait just saw the pic, interesting.