Other horror films as "Found footage" movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by tfan123, Apr 10, 2010.

1. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Exactly the title. What are some horro films that could be made like the found footage (i.e, Blair Witch, REC, Paranormal, etc.) films? I was thinking a Saw movie would be cool. Maybe one of Saws victims video tapes himmself trying to get out, i dont know? Anybody?

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Cloverfield is the Supreme Shaky Cam movie.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    meh we got Animal Planet's Lost Tapes.

if you haven't seen it, well it is kinda cheesy. The premise is that someone/a group is out with a video camera and has an encounter with a cryptozoological creature. This can be Jersey Devil, Chupacabra, vampire, Bigfoot, etc. It is badly acted and you rarely get any sort of decent looks at the monsters. Hell some you never see. Most you see a quick flash of. It is inter cut with experts and reports on said creature. Like one episode features giant centipedes (5 ft maybe) and you will have entomologist talking about real ones and real cases.

4. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It's not just cheesy. It's one of the worst reenactment staged-reality shows I've ever watched. It needed to stay "lost."

@Mr. Sinister: I liked "The Last Broadcast" too. But I didn't think it was as entertaining as Blair Witch. I thought Blair Witch did an excellent job of creating atmosphere and building suspense. I just hated the anti-climactic and unresolved ending.

"Found Footage" horror films are now considered a "genre":

FOUND FOOTAGE IS NOW OFFICIALLY A HORROR GENRE
    The Faux Documentary and 'Found Footage' Horror Film (Film) - MyReviewer.com