Other Hasbro Properties Deserve the WfC Treatment

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrapper6, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

With the huge success of War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron its sequel coming out this year, it just struck me how such a project might benefit other Hasbro properties.

Let's be honest, GIJoe has never had much of a success in Video Games, it featured two NES Console Titles back in the late 80s and then quietly faded away until Rise of Cobra, and Rise of Cobra is a rather poor movie tie-in type game compared to War for Cybertron.

A grim gritty M rated title similar to Call of Duty featuring fictional Joe and Cobra characters would make for a stellar game. If it followed on the footsteps of the programming used for War for Cybertron. Well, not exactly obviously.

My vision is something more akin to Star Wars Battlefront in all honesty, only instead of Clones vs. Droids and Rebellion vs. Empire faceless soldiers and stuff it would be more like Special Team of Joes selected from established in-game Roster against a batallion of Battle Android Troopers, Nameless Cobra Grunts and the bosses would be the big name dudes.

You could build in certain world monuments and established Joe mythos to create the ultimate campaign against the forces of Cobra, with noted comic locals such as Cobra Island, Springfield USA and that one international country Larry Hamma was always quite fond of. In fact, Hamma should be responsible for the game's scripts.

Toss in some vehicle based game play stages, THAT ARE NOT ON RAILS, include some stealth oriented missions for the ninjas and other spec ops forces. Even have an infilltration stage perhaps to glean valuable inside information on Cobra's plans.

It would be sort of like a combination Goldeneye, Call of Duty, Battlefront game with a bit of Rogue Squadron thrown in for good measure.

What do you think? I for one would really dig a modern style Joe title, in a similar vein to the serious angle that War for Cybertron and its sequel title have going for it. Although the M rating might not fit with Hasbro's PG image. Perhaps there would be benefits to capturing the Cobra echelon instead of simply killing them.

Add some stellar voice casts and great world building moments to establish this VG version of Cobra as an honest threat sprinkle a few fan wank moments liberally and you could have something as epic and great selling as WfC/FoC.

If nothing else it would be a great market tie-in product to help sell all of those Modern Era Joes outside of a Movie Line so that the retailers might actually stock and support Joe again. Market it for Teens and you could start getting a new era of Joe fans clamoring for figures that aren't just Duke and Snake-Eyes again.

What are your thoughts?

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I like it.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Cant wait for the MLP Fps

4. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

There actually is a fan made game in the works called Fighting is Magic. Doesn't look bad for a project done in these people's free times.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    A Battlefrontesque GIJOE game? Damn. I'm not a major fan of Joes, but even I would buy that in a heartbeat.

6. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    G.I. Joe: Advance Wars
    /Shrug

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

A MASK game with car combat game elements mixed with a third person shooter. Basically mix Uncharted with Twisted Metal.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    An Inhumanoids FPS or TPS please!

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    My Little Pony, the first person shooter.

I support it.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    WFC was a huge success?

I'm not being a smartass, I just didn't think it did that astonishingly. It wasn't very well recieved critically and I don't recall anyone mention major financial surprises.

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. WFC was a typical flavor of the month game and no one remembers it aside from us TF fans.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Came here to say this. Truth bombs.