Other Factions in the G1 cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RedWolf, May 21, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

What made me interested in G1 is the presentation of different factions aside from the Autobots and Decepticons.

Humans - A fractious bunch not really that united. But they did form a mutual defense organization EDC against the Decepticons. Some countries does recognize this organization though.

Quintessons - Essentially the Third Faction. Usually has an uneasy alliance with the Decepticons on occasion. But they really want to recounquer Cybertron and retake descendants of their former creations.

Junkions - Nominally allied with the Autobots but they are Neutrals in a way. Some of them wouldn't hesitate to trade with a Decepticon. Though they're an Autobot tribe removed from the war they do not possess prejudice against the Decepticons. Unlike the Autobot colony Paradron they are not pacifists though.

Nebulons - As of rebirth split between the Hive and the Rebels. Each group picked a side of the Autobot-Decepticon War.

Wildcards: Unicron and Vector Sigma respectively. Unicron wants to eat planets thus a threat to all. The only thing that can destroy him is the Matrix. Vector Sigma as shown in Rebirth uses both Autobots and Decepticons to its advantage.

Though in context of G1 cartoon while it was the Quintessons that massed produced the Cybetronian ancestors it was Vector Sigma that gave them life and sentience. In this context Vector Sigma went Sky Net on the Quintessons.

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Wait. Then by factions are you talking about actual Transformers factions outside of autobot and Decepticon or non Transformers?

3. Rcaswell

Rcaswell Well-Known Member

LMAO. I've never thought about Vector Sigma like that. It's a neat thought.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I guess thats a possibility....but I just never saw it that way.

I always felt that the Quintasons just made their products "too well".

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Are you going to count the cybertronians on Paradon?

6. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I like this idea too. That its not just Autobot and Decepticon. makes it more real to me.

7. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Insecticons had their own thing going on

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Vector Sigma is the closest analogue in the G1 Cartoon to Primus from other continuities, being an entity at the heart of Cybertron that creates Transformer life (the only way - except for the other ways. :)  ), and one that (at least as of "Rebirth") has plans for Cybertron and Cybertronians which may be beyond their understanding. No apparent yin-yang relationship with Unicron though.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    You forgot about the Battle Beasts.

10. RedWolf

In FFoD Alpha Trion mentions the Quints did not expect their creations to develop feelings and emotions.

Well Duh you left all the programming to Vector Sigma you dumb lazy tentacle heads.

The Paradrons were Autobot Neutrals until their planet blew up. Their leader Sandstorm has been shown to have joined the war. I'd call them Autobot civilians though.

Takara production. Different continuity.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats kind of my point.

They gave them a simulated intelligence....never expecting them to develop beyond that.

12. RedWolf

Which part of it was Vector Sigma that did all the programming did you not understand?

The Quintessons built the robot bodies from their factories but it is Vector Sigma who gave Cybertronians life.

Cruel masters that they are no wonder Cybertronians would rather credit Vector Sigma for their creation. Historical revisionism would erase the name Quintesson from their history. But Vector Sigma is far from benign.

As shown in Rebirth Vector Sigma has its own agenda.

13. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battle beasts were in the dreamwave comics also.

What about the neo-knights or death head? Then there was those aliens in the gambler.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And the Quintasons created Vector Sigma to do that programing.

So whats the bases for your question???

Not only are you sounding rude but your question is pointless.

The Quints built the robots, gave them a simulate intelegence....created Vector Sigma to program them in mass, then taught the robots how to operate the machines that were used to create them.

But the robots developed further then the Quints had thought, they developed feelings, emotions, they learned the difference between servetude and freedom.

What part are you not understanding???
    Not even sure where your going with that.

But whats not known is when it developed that agenda.

Was it always like that???

was it because of the influence of Alpha Trion.....who knows??