Other Blaster SL Cover, Plus Jan 08 TPB Covers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    When we got the January IDW Solicitations from Comics Continuum a couple days ago, we had images of the cover for Devastation #5 and UK: Dinobots #5.

IDW has now put up their solicitations for January, with cover images for the Blaster Spotlight (the cover we haven't seen yet), Classic Transformers TPB #1, and the Target:2006 TPB.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/solicit/jan08.shtml

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Blaster's spotlight might be the first to actually cause me to buy both covers, due to the fact they are both so full of win. I really enjoy the cover with the redesigned Steeljaw, and the rocking out Cassettebots. Though this new cover is just really really good too, and it seems to capture the old school Marvel comics Blaster; this version of Blaster even has the facial/helmet design of the Marvel version. While the new cover is definetly more geared towards this new attempt by IDW to make Blaster more badass; this version seems to be geared more towards fans of the G1 cartoon since it takes that facial/helmet design. If I have to choose just one...I guess i'd have to choose the one below, simply because the level of detail and the energy/activity of it. Though I also love the colors on Blaster on the top cover, the rich red and the low lighting is really great and this cover has another benefit in the fact it's similar in aesthetic to the Hot Rod Spotlight. Though the background coloring is amazing on the other cover, though Blaster seems to be a bit orange; though that could be my imagination from the image being so small, or perhaps the fact he's in shadow. Either way both covers are still AMAZING!

[​IMG]

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Very cool Blaster cover, but I think I'll go with Alex Milne's (if I have a choice, that is).

EDIT: oh, and Roche's Grimlock is full of <insert curse word here> win!

-airfox