other blackout in film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by edugrindor, Oct 20, 2010.

?

Another mh53 in dark of the moon?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

You do know that almost no kids care about random helicopter drone number 3 enough for it to warrant a Leader, right? They want Optimus, Megatron and Bumblebee (and Starscream to some degree). Hasbro is NOT going to make the most money by targeting fans. Why else do you think that we don't get a Masterpiece, reissue or Alternator figure every month? Besides, if they already have a working mold for a DRONE CHARACTER, why in the ever loving hell would they make a new one and take up an existing spot for a character that kids don't already have a figure of?

2. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    We all know they never will haha just wishful thinking. Besides kids these days dont care!! they'll buy anything!! Just name it VORTEX and if kids wont buy it(doubt they wont) then collectors WILL!! They have a TON of molds for bumblebee and kids will buy every version...why not such a cool character that IS IN THE MOVIES? Plus if kids are buying characters who they have never seen in the movies, then they will for sure buy a BLACKOUT/GRINDOR/VORTEX character! Repaint the hell out of it and your done! They do it anyway with every other character... Kids arent dumb, they would for sure recognize this character and the voyager sucks donkey balls anyway...worst one ive bought so far. Some bitched about a leader STARSCREAM and I have never bought one till the leader came out and i couldnt be happier!! that way my forest battle would be 3/4 complete lol

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Wishful thinking? That was more like desperate begging.
    Simply put, if we had a drone in the movies, all he would be is a drone. A drone which is on screen for a minute at most. Kids won't recognize it, and that's not nearly prominent enough to warrant a leader class, which they only have 4 spots for. You've got the obligatory Optimus and Megatron, and the other Decepticon spot is most likely taken up by Shockwave.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Judging by the sheer number of exclamation points, I'm guessing you're very very passionate about this, or have had way too much coffee.

Ever notice something? Bumblebee is the poster boy for the movies with Prime. And I'm pretty sure Bumblebee "IS IN THE MOVIES". He is the main Transformer who's closest to the main human. Almost by default, that Transformer archetype gets lots of toys, since kids love the character. And sometimes, the redecos/remoulds/new moulds are admittedly nice looking, like Stealth Bee, or the Battle Blade Bee.

A Leader class Blackout/Grindor, as much as I'd like to see happen, is NOT gonna happen. It costs too much money to make one of those Leader toys. Sure, Prime and Megatron's Leaders are of course going to make some money, and Jetfire will sell so kids can make JetPrime, and Starscream is one of the flagships of the Hunt for the Decepticons line, but Blackout is none of those things. He's quite frankly a drone, and will not sell well.

Hasbro learned their lesson with Leader Brawl in 2007. From what I hear, he was shelfwarming pretty bad (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Shame, he looked like a pretty sweet figure.

If you haven't noticed, Hasbro already did repaint the Blackout toys into Grindor. And most little kids won't remember Blackout/Grindor other then, "The helicopter one" or the "one that got his face torn apart by hooks".

And you think Hasbro's duty is to ALWAYS do what the fans want? If you haven't noticed the forums here, we Transformers fans usually never have a universal opinion. While there are some exceptions, it doesn't happen often enough for Hasbro to perfectly service fans. One way or another, a can of worms opens up.

Hasbro can't drop everything and say, "Oh hey, this one guy on TFW is saying he wants a Leader Blackout with exclamation points! Let's go spend the time and resources to make a feat of engineering like that! And then when it doesn't sell nearly as good as Prime and Megatron, we can pay back the losses to make and distribute that toy with money from our own pockets! Yay!"

:deadhorse: 

Precisely.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Size classes are a weird thing. Hasbro could've made a leader class The Fallen, and actually should've, but he only got a Voyager, but in the TF1 line they made a leader Brawl, AND a re-deco of it too. Brawl wasn't in the movie very much, either (not even as much as Blackout!). I guess because big giant tanks that make explosion noises are cooler than helicopters.

6. edugrindor

edugrindor Well-Known Member

while ironhide and ratchet, will appear in transformers 3 and are not recognized as bumbeblee and optimus? maybe it happens with blackout, brawl, and others.

7. Metallitron

News Credits:
    Oh please desperate begging. You cant insult a screenname just because you have a "certain" opinion on the subject. I smell HATERS!!! haha

8. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Metallitron: I love your picture of the forrest battle recreated with the toys!!!

That's seriously cool and what I'd dream of setting up.

For this reason I want to join with everyone asking for a Leader Class Blackout / Grindor (Hasbro could repaint him and sell both).

We have plenty of cars. We need Scrapper and HighTower amongst maybe Voyager Class Constructicons.

Fighter jets could be offered up if they were F-18's or something different from Starscream's F-22 (I love that LC btw!)

But I mean we now need to get more exotic Transformers in there - and a helicopter is definitely that - while also common enough, too.

A Leader Class puts a chopper on the best scale size that is being offered!

Anyway, thanks for keeping the dream alive!

9. Metallitron

News Credits:
    This is the fan attitude HASBRO wants!!

10. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Leader Brawl never shelfwarmed here. He was pretty hard to find, and even now commands ridiculous prices on eBay. Compare that to Movie 1 Leader Megs. Who it is isn't half as important as how cool the toy is, and Brawl was a great design. If they make Leader Bumblebee I'd love to see how many people actually buy it.

If you really want scale, though, even Leader won't do Blackout justice, though, but it'll be better than nothing. Voyager Blackout is great if you have tons of Legends cars, he looks suitably awesome.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Having Prime hop up on your shoulders and rip your head in half? LAME.

12. edugrindor

blackout was the first TRANSFORMERS to appear on the screen, it deserves to appear in Transformers 3! If Michael Bay put him in the incredible scene of Forest Fight (ROTF, grindor), because it is more likely to appear in Transformers 3!

13. edugrindor

For the new trailer, there is a chance Blackout redeco appear?

14. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Uh.. What? A Blackout in this trailer you, say? No, no, no, no, no. That may dear friend is Brawl's beloved brother, "Decepti-Clone #23".

But in all seriousness, there was no Blackout retool or colour in the trailer.

15. edugrindor

Sorry, I meant that if you have clones in dark of the moon is likely to have another clone of Blackout, preferably recolor.sorry for my english

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Of course he will be in it, but with a new color and name.... Because he does have a great design after all......

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but this time they will name him Vortex.

18. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Agreed...and to keep the Leader Blackout talk going :p 

19. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I'll walk out of the theater if there isn't one.:thumbs2: 

20. edugrindor

idem!!!!!!!