OTFCC Sunstreaker: Launcher Trouble!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VE Telus, Jun 27, 2006.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like most who found out at OTFCC, Sunstreaker came with either two R or two L launchers. Because I don't have the luxury of trading with other fans at the con, I thought I would get a random Prowl to scavenge for his launchers.

Problem: OTFCC Sunstreaker's launchers are pure, teeth-whitening white. As I recall, RID Prowl's launchers are off-white. Is this memory incorrect?

To those that have either RID Prowl, RID Super Prowl, or Universe Prowl, which one sports the WHITEST launchers? Or are they all off-white?

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

The legacy of Glen Hallet continues to wreck havoc on innocent TF fans. :throw 

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Try to get a Mach Alert. The plastic on him is definitely white compared to the plastic of RID Prowl.

4. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just went upstairs to my Fortress of Toyitude and compared RiD Prowl, CR Super Mach Alert, OTFCC 'Streaker, and OTFCC 'Swipe. (I don't have CR regular MA, RiD Super Prowl, or Tribal Tattoo Prowl.)

CR SMA's launchers are decidedly off-white, almost to the point of being beige. RiD Prowl's are ever-so-slightly less white than the OTFCC twins'. I had to stand directly under the light to see the difference. I'd say, unless you're very picky, replacing the missing one with one from RiD Prowl should be OK. Or just replace them both.

Alternatively, give him TFU Inferno's launchers. The black would probably look good!

5. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you, Jarodimus! RID Prowl it is!

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Hell, I got the correct Sunstreaker launchers and I did that. Universe Inferno(/Red Alert...c'mon now) was kinda meh, particularly in bot mode, so Sunstreaker stole his launchers. The white ones look good on Sideswipe, but out of place on Sunstreaker. The black ones just look..right.