Otakon: Baltimore Anime Convention

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Screamers, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Otakon: Baltimore Anime Convention

I've been crazy busy of late with work and getting things ready for this upcoming weekend. But I did want to get the word out, for anyone that might be going to Otakon, I'll be lurking there as Baroness, Soundwave, Alucard from Hellsing and as a female Ghostbuster ^^ Hopefully I'll meet some of the TFW members there.

Suited up as Soundwave and ready to Rock ;) 

[​IMG]

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Without looking it up, what are the dates this year? I went last year and was honestly bored out of my skull after about two hours. The best part was watching the cosplayers and previewing the latest Hellsing OVA.
    The dealer's room is total crap, though. I went in hopes of finding some good deals on imported TF's and ended up coming home with very little.

My gf and I ended up spending most of our time in the lounge area and walking around the boardwalk (Cheesecake Factory for the win!).

3. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i went from 01 to like 05 every year, it seemed to get progressively worse. less stuff was interesting, less good stuff in the dealer room. i'm not sure what it's like now, but the last time i went was to hang out with people from other parts of the country that i knew from anime forums and watch the music videos

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about. I think Otakon's a blast. Wifey and I went for the past three years and it's ridiculous. The most fun you can have is chatting with all of the cosplayers. Those folks know their shit. The AMV panels are fun too and the dealer room is great, but the sheer volume of people-watching you can do at Otakon is insane.

Screamers, I think we've seen you before at Otakon, but it's probably been in passing. I know there are a few folks that go as Joes to the con every year, and wifey and I are always like "Oh hey, there's some dudes from G.I. Joe!"

The most awesome cosplayer I've seen at Otakon so far had to be the monster supersized Princess Peach. I'm pretty sure it was a dude, but this person was like 6'8" and had on heels and a big-ass princess dress and was just...MONSTROUS. The dress was about as round as your average poker table. Wifey said it looked like Princess had eaten a Super Mushroom.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wish I would have realized this convention was this weekend. Cheaper to go to Baltimore than New York anyday.

6. Xeron

Xeron Well-Known Member

Was thinking about going, but I'm mainly interested in the dealer room. Do they usually have a good selection/good prices on figures?

7. 2point6

2point6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so anything good this year?

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:

Hey I ran into you and Tony outside the dealer's room Sunday at around 1 or so. Nice Alucard costume.