OT: Syndrome

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by optimegatron, Mar 28, 2012.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Hi. I am currently writing what I consider the biggest project I ever made (And I made a lot of long, exhausting projects)
    This one is called Syndrome.
    Genre:Sci-fi/Action/Thriller
    Rated:If I may say so myself, I'd rate it "Intended age: Over 13" for language, with the worst being "S" words, detailed description of gory situations "before the officer could complete his sentence, he was gasping for breath with a hole in his stomach ", Psychological situations such as nightmares and hallucinations.
    Summary:
    Syndrome​
    In 2014, a nuclear war ravaged the earth, resulting in masses of people being infected by a desease that would kill them in several weeks. The problem lasted for two years. The infected would travel freely, and soon infect other people. The problem was unresolveable. The US decided to gather up all the infected they could in one place. That place was agreed to be Manhattan. Snd the places name was called no more than just "The Ghetto." The infected were living a life of constant despair. They were given almost no food or supplies. It appeared as though everyone just wants them dead. And so they did. Three years later, three years of endless torture and deaths, the goverment decided to finally try to save the few dozens of thousands remaining. The year is 2019, and the goverment managed to collect the top scientists in the world and have them work together on a cure for the Syndrome, given any resource they need. That organization was called "Nova Industries". Except they recruited one person who was unlike the rest. John Daniels, age 23, who has no experience in medicine what so ever. John spent several months in the lab, but he was always exited for the day he would first visit the ghetto. That day has come. And it would change his life forever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    This story can somewhat be considered a superhero origin mobie, as the Syndrome strengthens human beings, allowing them to use energy for offence and travel.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Okay, so feel free to respond about ANYTHING. I still have no exact date or length for release, but expect it soon.

2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Ever seen Neil Marshall's "Doomsday"?

3. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Uh, actually no. Throw me a bone here...

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This reminds me of the time Brian's novel, y'know the one he's been working on for his entire life, turned to be nothing more than a direct copy of Iron Eagle.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wrong forum, son.

6. optimegatron

News Credits:
    What? What did I copy?

Where does it belong?

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Try the fan fiction section. Also try watching Escape From New York.

LOL

8. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Wait, why would I put this in the TRANSFORMERS fan fiction section, if this has nothing to do with Transformers?

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    It's been a while but in a nutshell, this plague hits England... and it's like, really bad - can't cure it - spreads like wildfire - etc - so they basically wall off a big portion of England and leave everyone inside to die - ala, Escape from New York kind of (thanks, MMM), to protect the rest of the world.

Well, a few years go by and the disease has disappeared - until it reappears OUTSIDE the walls! Oh noes - and around the same time they realize people are still alive INSIDE the walled area, so, this disease didn't kill them, which means they may have developed antibodies which the outside world now needs, so they send in a team to get samples and the hijinx ensue.

Wasn't a bad movie - I like Neil Marshal's stuff. But if you've seen Escape from NY, Mad Max, Resident Evil, and Outbreak, just imagine them smooshed all together into one movie.

10. optimegatron

News Credits:
    That kinda sounds awesome. Trust me, the story is nothing like that. You'll see. I'll be uploading another key detail for the fiction soon. More specifically in a couple of days.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Nothing intentionally.

On Family Guy, the Griffin's dog, Brian, has been writing a novel for most of his life. This has been a long time running gag. When he finally reveals the plot of the novel to Lois, Peter's wife, she tells him that it sounds just like the movie "Iron Eagle." Shocked that his life's work is unintentionally a direct copy of something that already exists, he asks her how long Iron Eagle has been around, to which Lois tells him it was successful enough to spawn a trilogy of films. Brian then argues that his novel is not a copy and reveals further plot details to Lois which match the film exactly, causing Lois to burst out in a fit of laughter strong enough to make her piss her pants.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Because GD isn't for fan fiction of any type. Fan fiction should stay in the fan fiction area, transformer related or no.

13. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Alright. Thanks for moving it.

Sweet. That sounds awesome. I hope I'm not really copying anything, but honestly, it's pretty hard considering the amount of pieces like this...

14. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Another key detail concerning the plot will be released on April 1st.
    No, it will not have anything to do with April fools...
    Here's a teaser
    "The cure... It does magnificent things to the human body... Why not me?"
    -Leonard, John's a**hole fellow scientist.

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Yeah, post-apocalyptic fiction is huge. Your best bet is to just shoot off some ideas and run them by us in no particular order so that the plot is kept under wraps. We could then tell you "idea XYZ has already been done in fiction ABC" so you can narrow down your overall story and keep it as original and unique as possible.

16. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Damn, now that's a good idea. My previous post has a bit of plot in it. Not much, but in 2-3 days you'll get MUCH more plot.

17. optimegatron

News Credits:
    -John tries to escape Nova Industries, and is stopped by a sniper on a helicopter.
    I see that's a new model you're using." John said
    "Nothing but the best for Nova Industries. Why?"
    "I remember reading these babies have a very specific zoom range. 200 meters I believe?"
    "Actually, 220, but I see where you confuse. Now go back in or you'll feel the improved silencer for stealth assassinations!" the sniper yelled
    "Yeah, there's also a downside to such an effective radius. If I just happen to leave the line of sight," John leaned quickly and dodged the sniper rifle's laser pointer. He took cover behind a car and held his breath, knowing that even the slightest movement will trigger the motion sensor.
    -John discussing about sniper rifles with Mike, a sniper trying to kill him.

18. optimegatron

News Credits:
    I am currently working on a small ARG (Alternate Reality Game) that will be updated weekly.
    In the ARG, you can access the Nova Industries website, and access the account of someone who gets debriefed about everything. You will get pictures of how the Ghetto would look like in real life, and get some other neat stuff. I felt it was nice to do because hell, making the fiction itself is getting kinda stale, and if you haven't tuned out already, you're likely to soon enough. So that's a little something to keep you busy.
    I'm also working on the main cover for the fiction. I'm kinda pressed between making it live-action (Assuming I'll find someone who looks something like the book describes John) Or make it using CGI/Photoshop.

19. optimegatron

News Credits:
    The story will mainly focus on John's chronicles, but some conversations will be made that do not involve John's presence, and they will be made in the form of records, E-mails, chats, etc.
    Example:
    -John does ABC-
    then, something that doesn't involve him:

TO: GaryAnderson@Novaind.com

Gary, I want you to know that I have only gone for a short time, and will be back soon. I am going to board a plane from D.C to Manhattan in several hours. It's a 2 hour flight, so I should be ready to work the day after tomorrow.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't worry, these things are done for a reason. To shed light on the story, characters, places, etc.
    Also, I have 2 covers made, and I'm still making more. When I'm done, I'll upload them and let you choose the best.

20. optimegatron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]