Orphan

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spica, Jul 9, 2011.

1. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    About a theme I personally think had not been very develop in the storyline (a least in Foundation comic, but I havent read it) is about Optimus past:

Facts we know

.Somehow he survived the massacre made by the Fallen.
    .He must have been very young when he was ¨hidden¨, because according to the comic he didnt known he was a Prime. (I dont remember if Jetfire said something about it) Which means he was a hatchling during that time
    .Somehow Sentinel knew he was a Prime and took care of him

Facts we dont known

.How he was hidden and raised as a ¨normal¨cybertrorian rather than a prime
    .How Sentinel knew he was a prime
    .Who saved him from the Fallen

I wouldnt like another movie. I would prefer an animated series (like it was done with Men in black, godzilla and even Evolution) or and OVA that explain it and other facts about the storyline
    What do you think?

2. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Never though about that but that doesn't explain how Megatron is his brother

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Maybe he isn't? Maybe they were paired together afterwards to help conceal his identity?

4. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    /\ This is pretty much how it is in the comics. They were brothers in that they were Sentinel's two favorite and best students. Aka figuratively brothers rather than literally.

5. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    That does make better sense

6. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    only a few questions.
    I do not know if anyone ever asked.
    what Sam Witwicky and Captain Lennox were doing night in washington dc?
    as we saw in the trailer.
    SAM does have something to do there?
    Why not appeared in the film?

7. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please, return to the main question
    I think I remember that Optimus said in one comic he was alone and lost before Sentinel found him
    So, means he was very young when he was found by him?

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Their part in the scene got cut. Simple.

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    This was a detail cut out from ROTF, but mentioned in the 3rd issue of its comic adaptation by Jetfire as he relates the history of the Prime Dynasty. In the 2nd issue of the DOTM prequel "Foundation" comics, Optimus refers to being "hidden and alone" when Sentinel Prime found him.

There's certainly unanswered questions here that I'd be interested to find the answers to as well, especially on how Optimus survived the massacre of the Primes and how exactly he is descended from them? The whole backstory of the Primes could do with more fleshing out tbh. Maybe we'll see some form of Orci & Kurtman's original ideas for ROTF about the Primes and Optimus' connection to them make it into the current Prime series eventually. But as for revealing more details on this part of the movie-verse's history, I can only see it being potentially addressed in maybe a future movie comic.

About how Sentinel knew Optimus was a Prime? In the 3rd issue of the ROTF prequel "Defiance" comics, Arcee points to a marking on Optimus' head that matches a symbol of the Primes found on one of their relics. I would guess that Sentinel, being a Prime himself, recognised the symbol markings on a young Optimus. Either that or his form and appearance may have been tell-tale signs.

10. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this topic had been abandon T-T

11. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Was anything mentioned in the comics about Optimus being named Orion Pax, and that he was initially a scientist of some sort?

I myself got into Transformers from the first movie, and have joined message boards pertaining to them, to get more details on the lore, but unfortunately, hard core fans, while they bitch about the movies not taking the franchise seriously, they themselves seem to not want to take it any more serious than collecting the next toy and reminiscing the good ole days of G1.

I wanted to know, how are transformers brothers? What are the different mythos on how they were created?

12. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I'd really like to know more about his past as well. It's something no one's really gone into.

13. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Relatives - Transformers Wiki

Reproduction - Transformers Wiki

Transformer - Transformers Wiki this has a list of origins

14. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I remember reading one of the comics where Arcee pointed out the mark Optimus has, but it could also be Sentinel had a lesser/not as strong ability to sense another Prime much like the Fallen could. (as in he'd need to be near them to pick up on it where as the Fallen could tell from half a solar system away)

How Optimus ended up on his own with no idea what he was at what must have been an awfully young age (Sentinel does call him 'young one' in DoTM) would be interesting to explore in the comics at least.