Original Star Convoy Versus Chinese Version

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Liokaiser, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I figured since I own both, I would show everyone here pics and explain some of the differences. The original Star Convoy is on the left. This Star Convoy is a thing of beauty, even the very box is glossy and bright. The original piece color is a very rosey like red, on the other hand the chinese piece red color is very dull. Actually all the coloring on the japan piece is so much more alive. It's very easy to tell the difference in the black parts that go with Star Convoy. The grey parts it's almost impossible. I have been staring at those parts for awhile. I'm sure if the chinese version came with the red piece that connects with Grandus. The Hotrod figure is soo awesome. We all know that the original one has that bright yellow on the legs and fin. The little flame sticker is a nice touch. The chinese one has dark blue legs and has no stcker at all on the chest. The original Star Convoy comes with it's black Cybertron carrier, the chinese version has the white one. The box are pretty much the same, expect for that one and three on the chinese box. Plus it has N0.9212 on the upper left corner instead of C-372. Here are two pics. Enjoy. :thumb 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Dude, you rule for having both of those. I definitely like the original the best. And his black carrier more. Even his Hotrod looks better.
    I only have the recent re-issue but it rawks.

Nice pics man.

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Awsome pics! I've wanted a Star Convoy for years and have almost had my hands on the original and the KO from ebay several times. I got the reissue over the weekend from BBTS and can't wait til he gets here.

4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Nice, I almost bought one of those Chinese KO's too, but luckily I heard of the reissue right before I bid on it. I have an original Star Convoy forever trapped in his sealed case fresh box, and I wanted one loose. Thanks the toy gods they reissued him.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly I was going to sell the Chinese verison but I decided to keep it. Both look good together. Blue Meanie do you know how rare the Chinese one is? I haven't seen it on ebay in a long time.

6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Not sure on its rarity, I can tell you I have seen it less than the real Star Convoy, even though it is generally cheaper. The one I was looking at was still going for $250 before I stopped watching the auction with a few days left. It had a good box also. I couldn't bring myself to spend $250 on a knockoff that I was unaware of the quality of. It turned out to be the right choice since I already had an original, the reissue was fine with me.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Did anyone bid on that auction? I was going to sell mines for only $100.00.