Original Movie Bumblebee or Battle Blade?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Aug 31, 2010.

?

I would like_____________ Better!

1. Original Movie Deluxe Bumblebee ( Movie 1 or Movie 2)

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Battle Blade Bumblebee

46 vote(s)
    90.2%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I was disappointed about the Deluxe Bumblebee with the shoulder Cannons, but I thinking how good is the Hunt For Decepticon Battle Blade Bumblebee? Which would you say is better?

Original Movie Bumblebee (even if it's the Revenge of the Fallen or First movie Deluxe)

Or

Is Battle Blade Bumblebee better?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I was always a fan of the original movie Bumblebee mold (although the cannon version sucks hard with no collapsable chest).

However, Battle Blade BB does look like an improvement over all other versions from what I've seen in shops and online. I mean, he has 2 hands for crying out loud!

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

BBBB is probably the best Deluxe movie Bee. I still think his shoulders/chest look a little funny, but it's my favorite one. I liked the 07 concept Bee for a while, but his head just doesn't compare to the new BBBB.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    BBBB over any other deluxe 'Bee. Great head sculpt, pretty damn accurate, much more practical articulation, gimmicks that work really well, simple transformation, two hands.....overall THE best BB movie mold. Trumps the original by a mile.

5. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

BBBB is a improvement.
    I'm not fond of the actual blade though, I feel the blade faces the wrong way.
    I wish he also had wrists.
    other than that, this figure is much better!

6. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    original.
    bbbb will chop his own face off with the backwards axe :( 

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think both the premium BB from the first movie and BBBB are great toys. The endless train of messes in between should pretty much be avoided, but you can't go wrong with either.

I like premium a little better. He is more movie accurate. BBBB probably has the better sculpt- but the upper chest/shoulder area is a big step backwards.

I actually bought a second one I'm planning on taking a saw to soon, to see if I can fix those problems. He won't be able to transform any more- but if it works out I may have an almost completely screen accurate BB. (Or I may just succeed in destroying a $10 toy).

But like I said, you can't go wrong with either.

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I'm not big on Battle Blade Bee's blade, in general, the mold is VASTLY superior to any of the prior versions, so much so it isn't even funny.

Given the choice, I'd go with Battle Blade, or wait and see what repaint or retool Hasbro comes up with using that mold as a basis (you know it will happen!)

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I go with BB BB even though, I hate how the head tends to pop off during transformation.

other than that, I love the figure. It's the best of HFTD Wave 1.

10. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    BBBB is the BEST Movie BB there is, even better than Human Alliance. Plus, he's about $20 less. Pick him.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Battle Blade is a much better figure. Probably even the best version of movie Bumblebee to date.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both have their plus sides, by it bbbb is the most accurate rotf version, but the ccbb is the definitive tftm version without a doubt. I say get both :D 

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Battle Blade Bumblebee gets my vote. He's got the best gimmicks, the most accurate head design, and his transformation not only gives you the best looking chest of the Deluxes in my opinion, but also makes sense and doesn't take ages to get right. Plus he has the flip down battlemask.

Regarding the blade, it threw me at first two, but then I worked something out - look at the direction it swings in when you press the button to make it pop out. It was built to be the right way around when it swings out, not the rest of the time. I can only assume that's something to do with the game and how it pops out during his melee combo there. But the idea behind that gimmick would appear to be that you press the button and make the axe swing out and hit a Decepticon while it swings out, rather than keeping it out afterwards.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Preview BEE!! i do nto haev BB bee so yeah Preview bee! he is the best bee ever!

15. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    original movie premium is still my favorite....

16. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    The only 2 movie deluxe movie BBs I have are the original Concept Camaro BB from the '07 movie and BBBB. BBBB is better (though both are good).

More interesting and a surprise to me was that these 2 BBs have almost *nothing* in common. I thought BBBB was an update (new head, new forearm attachments) but now that I have both I realize these 2 seem to share no parts at all. The lower legs transform the same and that's about it. Otherwise, BBBB shares far more with HA BB than the '07 deluxe!

17. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Battle Blade trumps it for me. I always liked the original mould apart from the arms, and I felt that Cannon BB was a huge backward step from that. It's good to see a return to a more accurate chest style, along with accurate arms and (at last!) transformable cannons.

I can't wait to pick him up.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Dude, I own every single version of movie Bumblebee (apart from Battle Blade - go figure) and IMO ROTF preview BB is a terrible figure, purely because it is almost impossible to get him into car mode and get all the pieces lined up. The rear window sags in badly as well. No wonder they changed the mold to the cannon version shortly afterwards as mold degredation had reached a chronic level by that point.
    Having said that, I think sacrificing the look of the chest for the cannon gimmick on that figure detracts heavily from it as well.

19. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Battleblade is the truly superior deluxe class Bee figure for the movie continuum. I think it can be only topped by HA but i understand that one may not get that due to cost and Battleblade is a great stand in. And battleblade is fairly in scale with the leader and voyagers while the HA throws scale completely out the window.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Battle Blade, and it's not close. By far the best movie toy version of the character.