Original Marvel Series Transformers Comics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by dizzie, Jan 13, 2019 at 4:28 PM.

1. dizzie

dizzie Member

Ebay:
    Can anyone point me to a thread about these? I don't know what the lingo for them is, now that so many series have been published by IDW and whoever. I'd love to know what kind of value they have. I have them all, although some of the first ones are pretty beat-up, unfortunately! Loved reading them. Was crushed when Optimus died and then when the series ended... Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The "Transformers Comics" section of the forum is where you want to go. You can try using the search bar to see if a thread you want to contribute already exists, or if there isn't, maybe start your own.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They're usually just called Marvel G1 and Marvel UK G1.

From what I know of them, they're not super valuable, I can still get a lot of issues for a few bucks each (and the reprints haven't helped keep prices high) but issues from the end of the run can be significantly more valuable, as I believe less were printed of those issues (and less bought as well, so there's less of a secondary market).

4. dizzie

dizzie Member

Ebay:
    Hey thanks!

Interesting. That's good to know - the ones I have that are in best shape are at the end of the run. Speaking of reissues - I know it's off topic, but is there a general consensus on whether and how the toy reissues have affected values of the originals? I'm even seeing these very exact-looking G1 toys being shipped from China on eBay that I'm assuming are unlicensed knockoffs. I wonder what the quality of them is and how hard it is to tell them from the originals. Buyers seem to like them...

Anyway, I digress ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Reissues tend to drive down the prices of vintage figures, but only to a degree. Some people just want a certain figure or character to play with or customize or to fill out their collection, but for a lot of other people, only the original will do.

There are a lot of good-quality knockoffs out these days, so yes, buyer beware and be careful. Some of them are a far cry from the old paper thin plastic and drippy paint knockoffs of decades ago, and can be almost indistinguishable if you don't know what you're looking for, some of which is covered in threads in the toy section of this site. Some people do like them, for the same reason as reissues, they're more affordable than real vintage examples of the mold, even if they aren't truly the same thing.

6. dizzie

dizzie Member

Ebay:
    I wish I knew how to give you a like bu I can't figure it out! Thanks for the insight :) 

7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    You click the little thumbs up emoji under the post.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dizzie

dizzie Member

Ebay:
    Why didn't I see that! Lol, I looked everywhere but there. Thanks!