Original Generation 1 Score to be released on vinyl on March 9 2018

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Dudes...somebody here answered my question about how to tell which version of the vinyl record we have, by looking for a small sticker or some other marking on the packaging but...I can't seem to find it. I ordered the Megatron one from the first run, and yet I have no 'proof' that it's Megatron variant on the inside :D 

Can somebody please let me know if they found anything?...because so far, I cannot. Thanks!

2. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    Just like a CD...never :( 

sigh...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Well I've scanned the packaging thoroughly and unless there are differences in the product numbers in the spine, I can't seen any way to discern what variant of vinyl is within.

4. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first batch had a little red dot sticker on one or the other. I don't know about the second run though

• Like Like x 1
  5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Hm I can check mine if there's any markings. Hope I think of it once I'm back home.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I was in on the first run, and yet there is no sticker to be found. I've got the title on my invoice, that's about the only 'proof' I have since it's still sealed (and may need to be sold to fund future purchases, which is why I'm trying to find this info).

If anybody else has a sealed first run copy and knows something I don't, please feel free to help out, thanks.

7. Kazimir

Kazimir Active Member

If I have the right album, there are 8 listing in the discogs database. Two are listed as Enjoy The Ride Records exclusives, one of those is Megatron:

Robert J. Walsh And Johnny Douglas - 80'S TV Classics - Music From Transformers

And another for Optimus, which is denoted with a red sticker on sealed copies:

Robert J. Walsh And Johnny Douglas - 80'S TV Classics - Music From Transformers

There are other listings for Thinkgeek exclusives (Soundwave and Bumblebee), and an FYE Aubtobot/Decepticon pressing, in addition to what appear to be mass-market pressings. Click one of the links and scroll down, click "View All" in the "Other Versions" heading to see all the listings. Hope this is helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Who else has got the feeling, that it'll be a long time or maybe never until we might hear about the rest of the soundtrack, like the season 3 stuff and all the opening and ending themes from each season? I have the feeling, that they might feel, that they are done now that they have released this vinyl. Which would be sad, because I really wanted all the tracks that are NOT present on this vinyl :(  I mean, there are a few tracks that I wanted, but most are left out.

9. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

...i doubt that the soundtrack will ever be fully completed until it's released on compact disc, but i expect that the CD market will begin catering to collectors within the next ten years, so the wait won't be forever...

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I don't even need the complete soundtrack, I was mainly interested in season 3 and the opening and ending themes.

11. Blackout32

Blackout32 Vinnie Paul Abbott = we miss you

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I need to finish get the Optimus prime,Megatron and Soundwave with Starscream. The cost of all 4 of those is around a C-note which is a little costly.

12. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

You're looking to get one of each variant? I'm impressed!

I guess the Megatron variant has no sticker on it, just the Optimus Prime one. Thanks for the link.

13. Blackout32

Blackout32 Vinnie Paul Abbott = we miss you

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well thought about it since I'd have different colors to each. I'm still going to get them but they will have to be either 1 at a time or maybe 2. It just depends on if i can afford it at the moment. So when i buy them starting next month i think I'm going to start with my favorite colors first.

• Like Like x 1