Original Generation 1 Score to be released on vinyl on March 9 2018

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 12, 2016.

1. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got a shipping notice text.

2. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    Is there a way to tell the Megatron from the Prime one if they are sealed? Like are the UPCs different, etc.?

3. Megadeus

Megadeus Well-Known Member

It's clearly been vectorized, probably using the automatic trace function in Illustrator, then cleaned it up by hand somewhat. Most likely the tiny, unaltered original posted a few pages back was all they had access to, so they vectorized it (which also posterizes the colors) so they could blow it up to a size they could print at.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    You should stay faaaar away from anything new that’s in this price range. It will sound like a tin can and damage your records. If you want a good *NEW* turntable, you’re going to have to spend several hundred AT LEAST.

Take your money buy something used from Craigslist or a flea market/pawn shop, and spend some money on a new needle setup. Often you stumble across gems from people who just wanted to get rid of old equipment. Make sure you get something with a weighted arm... it’s a basic, essential requirement that new, cheap turntables lack.

Why cheap turntables will ruin your vinyl records.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Darkspire17

Darkspire17 the new destron leader

I know im late, but the vocals may be an early incarnation, a possible demo, recorded with whoever was in the studio at the time, obviously its different on the tv series, but i belive thoes vocals where recorded for anne's original themetune (used mostly in theearly commercials atleast up untill 1986) its sad they dont include the original TV vocal track, atleast their are album releases of the theme from arround the time the series originaly started airing, and their is a rare high quality CD release (grimbot told me about it)

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    So did they not work with Ford and Kinder on this as well?

7. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Then it sounds like I'm not going to have a record player for a long time then. Honestly do not have hundreds to spend on one record. No offense, but your post is less than helpful.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna disagree with the 'No new turntable priced around $100 is crap' group. About 10 years ago, my wife bought me a Sony turntable from Best Buy. I believe the MSRP was $130 but it was on sale for $100. It has played flawlessly for that entire time and has never once damaged a vinyl. And I have about 200 vinyls with a fairly even mix of vintage and new releases.

I have no doubt that a better turntable exists for more money but do some homework of your own before you right off the enjoyable world of vinyl.

9. Tirade

Thank you. I also find it hard to believe all the newer, cheap turntables are poor quality. I was eyeing a $130 unit at Best Buy/Amazon. I don't mind someone disagreeing, but at least provide an alternative. My main question was around speakers. The unit I linked earlier needed speakers. I was looking for a recommendation on them. My max budget is tops, $250, with the "cheap" turntable and speakers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure I can help you too much with that. I currently have it hooked up to an Onkyo reciever that drives my Dolby Atmos home theater. But previously it was paired with a Sony home theater in a box. I assume most players have at least the standard red/white AV cables that are compatible with almost any receiver/home theater.

11. cesium

cesium Well-Known Member

Honestly, the Audio Technical LP60 you referenced is fine for an entry level turntable. Just stay away from the Crowley portable ones. I would recommend also getting a good record brush and possible a needle cleaner to keep everything clean; this should help the lifespan of your vinyl.

Another brand of new turntables to look at is the Orbit style ones. These aren’t much more the the AT LP60, though they don’t have as much automation.

Even at pawn shops and flea markets, finding a decent turntable is a crapshoot if you don’t know 100% what to look for. There are a lot of cheap plastic stereos made in the 80s that are just terrible. Basically you want something heavy if you go that route. :) 

12. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Actually... for those interested in buying a turntable without breaking the bank but still have quality, check these out: Turntables

• Like Like x 1
  13. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

My set was delivered today. Same cover and UPC for both. Thought they'd at least have a sticker noting which was which, but there was no way to know without opening.

14. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info :) 

15. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Because I didn’t tell you what you wanted to hear?

Did you read the link I sent?

Your other post mentioned speakers. I know is disheartening, but good speakers aren’t going to mean much in the long run if you’re buying a junky piece of plastic and don’t even have a proper amp to run it through.

Honestly, if it’s just for one record, then it’s better to just wait for a digital/CD release or wait for someone to rip it for you who has a proper setup.

Right, but that was also 10 years ago. I have no idea what you may have gotten at the time. The fact is that NOW most of the inexpensive turntables lack even the essential counterweighted arm, and have horribly cheap needles that damage your records. The market is far more saturated with crappy turntables than it was 10 years ago.

Bring your phone with you, go through their inventory and do your research in the store. Then it’s not so much of a crapshoot.

Just doing a bit research in general goes a long way.

Almost anyone who is into this for a satisfying listening experience will tell you to stay far away from those new cheap turntables. To be quite honest, even some of that crappy 80s stuff is better than most offerings now, especially if you give it a bit of love. A lot of the Japanese stuff from the 80s is still REALLY good.

The LP60 is supposed to only slightly better than things like the cheap Crosley’s, but still lacks things like a counterweighted arm. However it does have a built in preamp... so I guess that’s how they get people.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Listen to that man

17. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Some of it may read as a bit pretentious, but that’s not really my intention.

It’s more bitterness aimed at these companies that try to rip people off with bad gear just to cash in on the trend. But that’s inevitable with all things. Always...

>:|

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tirade

Then offer an alternative solution. Criticism is fine, but criticism without a solution is not helpful. That was my point. I like expert input. I think it's great you are willing to respond in this thread. As someone new to vinyl, I'm looking for equipment direction. If that means something more than my $250 budget, I can save accordingly.

Edit: This is my way of saying, help me spend my money.

19. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I did offer an alternative solution, though.

I suggested you buy something used.

No one knows every make and model, that’s where you have to do your own research. Telefunken, for example, is awesome, but probably really expensive now. Yamaha made and still makes really quality stuff, and are often more affordable than other big names, but without a dip in quality. I have a set of their HS7 monitors and to me, they sound damn amazing. BUT, I had to save for awhile to get them. Anyways, I digress.

I personally have a JVC from the 70s. It needed some love and a new stylus, but it sounds awesome now. It was never top of the line, but it’s pretty great for what it is. I got it for $50, so I had more money to spend on other equipment.

If you have your heart set on the LP60, then you could do way worse. Just if you’re willing to put in the time, or even care enough to really look into it (it’s fine if you don’t. There’s a ton to learn and it can be very overwhelming), I would explore the used option first, personally.
    The same goes for getting an amp and speakers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tirade

*sigh* That could be anything. I am literally entering this with zero background.