Original Generation 1 Score to be released on vinyl on March 9 2018

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 12, 2016.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Goddammit, this is so bullshit that it sold out so quickly. They had plenty left and then they were gone. Even if I wasn't so indecisive, I'd still have to create an account. Sigh. "Limited to 5 per variant per person" is pretty stupid. It should be one per person when there are only 1000 of them...

The Bumblebee one is still on ThinkGeek though.

Transformers Classic Soundtrack - Exclusive BumbleBee Vinyl LP

Guess I should get it.

2. EdHaskel

EdHaskel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, kept refreshing the main page and still said coming soon. Missed Optimus, but got Megs.

3. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    Got one! I wasted a minute vacillating between Megatron or OP on my limited budget but OP won out. So happy :D 

4. cesium

cesium Well-Known Member

That was quick. Had the Optimus print in my cart and it sold out :( . Ended up with the Megatron edition.

Not a big deal, as I got these for the sound and not the pictures.

But yeah, hopefully this quick sellout shows there is a demand for the complete score. All 300 tracks or whatever it was.

5. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got the bumblebee one.

They missed a trick by not releasing these on "golden discs"

• Like Like x 3
  6. ShortHound85

ShortHound85 Well-Known Member

Had the OP one in cart and hit "submit payment" and then it said it was sold out. Got nothing. :mad: 

7. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, I am surprised it sold out so quickly. I figured the Meg/Prime versions would sell out but not that quick. Glad I got mine, but this really should have been a larger release even if it's vinyl.

Lucky for me, I actually collect vinyl and it's kept in the same room as my TF collection. This one was a no-brainer for me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I just got lucky and saw that someone had posted a link to the product page in the comments... and then got unlucky when I tried to buy one. I even went directly for Megatron... :( 

Bumblebee is $5 more and... I dunno, I guess I would have paid about the same but I'm hesitant to actually pull the trigger on it now. I would have done it if it was definitely the one I wanted.

I guess we just wait for a CD/digital release now. @UndertakerPrime is right - they clearly underestimated the demand by way too much (and also, their aforementioned buying policy is heaven for asshole scalpers, all of whom I hope rot in hell).

• Like Like x 3
  9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Same here. Gladly I went back to this thread and found the link.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I ended up with the Megatron one I wanted...although navigating the website on the phone was a bit tricky, to just select the record as the Prime version was the default. Those arseholes still charged the same amount for the record as ThinkGeek, so good luck on the sub 20 bucks copy. Why do they do that...lame. Anyways, I even managed to add another one to my cart when I thought they overcharged me on the shipping option, but no, just turns out that's math :D 

Any Canadians out there who wanna know, all told it's about $53 after shipping (CDN). So it's not cheap, really, but look at those scalping assholes with this on ebay. What a world.

I hope those fans who were able to get in did...I see it sold out very quick. Now for the CD release, let's hope it shows up sooner rather than later.

*side note: I'm a collector, but not as big as some I guess...I have no desire to have all three versions, but that's just me. Multiple copies would have made sense maybe if the album covers were different, but just the vinyl itself wasn't enough incentive for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Got one!   Optimus Prime version.   3 min it was sold out.  6 min for Megs.   That is the fastest 1000 copies of vinyl I\'ve seen fly off the shelf!

This will be a nice end piece to my Record Day remaster release of the 1986 Movie soundtrack,  which is what started me collecting vinyl in the first place.   Now we just need a Vince DiCola score and I\'m set!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    What the hell.... Mind you, I'm happy to have snagged a Prime variant, but the press release said 18.99

Prime and Megs were 24.99 and Bumblebee is 29.99 at Thinkgeek. What gives???

• Like Like x 4
  13. litefoot

litefoot Well-Known Member

I am speechless. I collect tv and film soundtracks and I've never seen anything sell as fast as this. Not even close. Five minutes... you'd think they were selling tickets to a One Direction gig or something.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Honestly, I doubt that this was anything but an extra little thing for fans to jump on. I mean, does anyone seriously think that all the remastering work would’ve gone into something as niche as a 2000 print vinyl run? The CDs and digital versions are coming, they always have been. Enjoy The Records is almost exclusively a vinyl seller, of course they’re not going to confirm the imminent wide release of something they just got an exclusive version of.

If you’d been explicitly told that a CD was coming, would you have bought the vinyl today? I certainly wouldn’t have. I bought mine for the nostalgia factor, and the less than 1% chance that it might not come out digitally, lol.

• Like Like x 4
  15. litefoot

litefoot Well-Known Member

That was released on CD by Intrada a few years back.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Phr0g

Phr0g Politicon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yes! Managed to snag both a megs and a prime copy, so happy =D

17. dancel

dancel Active Member

got one right 12pm, optimus prime!

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I think they just took all of us (well, those who bought it, anyway) to the cleaners. It's a bloody con, I swear.

Also, I realised that it said 45 minutes of audio. The Kickstarter project gave us waaay more than that. I know vinyls are limited but... it seems like we're not getting the full soundtrack here after all.

Something else that made me deliberate was that when I looked at the pictures, OP said "Side A" and Megs said "Side B", so I was going through the track list and saw they had different tracks, and I was trying to work out if they had different songs on them, but apparently they both have an A side and a B side. Really confusing and misleading and just... Ugh. It's cool that they made these but I think the way they handled it was rather poor all-round.

19. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I was a bit worried about that happening to me, but if you're in paypal, why wouldn't they simply register your copy? Taking it out of your cart is the biggest pile of f'ing BS I've ever heard of! How lame! Even Ticketmaster has a timer...I mean, you're navigating the means to PAY for the item, and it sells out from under you. Lucky you got one, but what a shit experience to have. For this very reason, it's never happened to me though, I pre-signed in to paypal, because for a while there they kept 'forgetting' my password, meaning I had to go through the whole password process mid-transaction (harrowing, when you're buying concert tix).

• Like Like x 2
  20. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1