Original Generation 1 Score to be released on vinyl on March 9 2018

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 12, 2016.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You answered your own question.

And not everyone who likes vinyl is a hipster. Stereotype much?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just want one because it looks cool, will probably listen to the thing once, if that.

Though I have to ask again, does anyone know what time these will go live? Forgive the question if someone already posted the answer.

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Tell me more how you know what DJs want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say I answered my own question. I want to know why they like the damn popping?

As a former vinyl enthusiast, I can tell you first hand that a clean, unused record is virtually pop free. The crackling and popping comes from abuse like DJ tricks or from using a worn out stylus or from dirt and grime. Hipsters seem to like is the sound of a dirty, damaged record. Thats exactly what DJs hated about records. So I dont get it...

5. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Its funny seeing all the complaints about this being on vinyl. If you don't want it on vinyl, just wait for the inevitable cd/digital release. it's almost certainly coming. This vinyl release just isn't for you, be happy for those who do want it.

That said, I imagine the venn diagram intersection of transformers fans and vinyl listeners is pretty small, so I don't know why they'd do the vinyl release first. Should be the other way around I think. But what do I know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rated X

Well I used to be one. Im from Miami the home of bass and freestyle. What do you know about that lil homie?

7. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Maybe I don't know enough hipsters, but I don't think they like the crackling sounds. Personally, I like records because they are tactile and have large artwork. If a record started to crackle, I'd replace it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rated X

You know most album covers are available as posters?

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I'm also a DJ since 2004. Progressive Techno, Tribal Techno, Hard Techno, Hardcore, Darkcore, Breakcore, Brighton Techno, Wonky Techno, Acid Techno.

10. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

They are???? OMG!

Did you know I'm not a 15 year old? I like to look at the artwork, usually while I listen to them, but I don't want my walls plastered with them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny thing is, 'tactile' was the first word that came to mind when I was writing this follow up post. Most people under the age of 20 has no idea what that's like to have such an experience.

I do agree that new vinyl should be free of cracks and pops. I buy new vinyl all the time and enjoy listening on my days off. Autorip from Amazon gives me the digital copy for those days where I do not have time to be at home. And a bit o' pops and cracks on a vintage vinyl just adds to the warmth. Not to mention the inserts, gatefolds, liner notes, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rated X

Cool. I was more into it from 1993 through 2002. My thing was the heavy 808 type of stuff. I did get into trip hop when planet soul came out. But as the miami dance music scene died out, I got more into music production and tried my hand at making crunk type beats. The guy who taught me how to do it was one of the founding members of the group Freestyle (dont stop the rock, its automatic) He owned a recording studio that I did some stuff out there..

13. Rated X

Lol. I used to be the same way with CDs until I discovered MP3s. Ive never been much of a super fan of any particular artist. Now a days if you wanna read about them just hit the internet. You can read up on all the dirt too. Thats when I no longer felt inclined to support them beyond listening to their music.

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    nice :) 

15. Rated X

Thanks. I can tell you it was a blessing growing up here in Miami. Everything you see in those 2 live crew videos was commonplace in the clubs especially when DJ Laz was hosting. Good times...

• Like Like x 2
  16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked 90s era Atlanta Bass music.

17. Rated X

Hell yeah....DJ Kizzy Rock, A-town Playaz, Playa Poncho, 95 south and 69 boyz the whole Bankhead bounce thing...that was a good era...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Megadeus

Megadeus Well-Known Member

At least in my case, I'm hesitant to take that risk. One of the first things I did when I first got Internet access, back in '96 was look for somewhere to buy the original score. I was utterly surprised to discover that the soundtrack to one of the biggest cartoons of the '80s, a property which was still going strong ten years later, had never been released. It's now more than twenty years later and I'm still waiting.

If a wider release were such an inevitability one would think it would have already happened decades ago. It's clearly that this is not a "soundtrack release", it's primarily a collectible which contains music as a novelty, so banking on a wider CD/digital release sometime down the road is a shaky proposition at best. This score represents a bit of a holy grail for me, one that I've spent much of my life waiting for and it's now being dangled in front of me but just out of reach. I actually find myself browsing Amazon's selection of turntables looking for some way to actually play one stupid soundtrack, and even then just so I can to rip it to digital.

19. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They better release this digitally. Why limit it on Vinyls anyway.
    In the end it\'s all about getting profit. Release it on all forms of media.

20. Jumble Cashback

Jumble Cashback Earth Germ

News Credits:
    Without wishing to seem immodest (naturally), it's all about asking the right questions in the right way...

g1 vol 2.jpg

• Like Like x 4