Original Generation 1 Score to be released on vinyl on March 9 2018

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

I'm going to try and get one of each. Given the choice of Vinyl, CD or digital I'd take Vinyl every time. Go ahead, call me a hipster, I don't care.

2. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    The key word here is "plans" as in "plans" almost always change when money is involved.

Furthermore, it might be Sony, or another company, who will release the score on other formats. ETR is specialized in vinyl.

I don't condone torrents but in this case the licensor is inviting it by letting a licensee play coy with the targeted audience.

3. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Also, where are the Soundwave and blaster versions?? I'd kill for a pressing with 'cries and screams are music to my ears' on the cover.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not up on the whole limited release thing, I just don't want to have to run into issues on the day of. Just wanna refresh one page, vs having to find it on the site. All that's there looks like a press release page, so unless on the 9th it gets the 'buy it now' button, I don't wanna waste time looking for the purchase page. Unless there are other options to buy it?...maybe other websites? Not sure, but I gotta find out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Master

No digital... yet. Come on!!!!

6. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

It will only be available 2 places. A lot of times with these "limited" releases, after a few months there will be a regular black vinyl release or they will do another run (or several) on some other color vinyl and that one will be "limited" also. So it ends up that the album itself isn't really limited, it is just that particular color(s) vinyl. Some people apparently think this make things worth more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I try to avoid torrenting. The only reason I go to torrent sites is if a company won't let me give them their money.

• Like Like x 3
  8. funkified

funkified Well-Known Member

damnnnnnnnn they look great, sigh my poor wallet has taken already a pounding this year, this doesnt help........well assuming i can get my hands on one or two lol

9. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Let's remaster 33 year old tracks and then release it on a 65 year old format. I hope that exclusive is temporary, because if not I have to ask myself why this hobby is always plagued by bad decissions?

Autobots, start your engines, vrrrm vrm Roll out ........right off this cliff.

• Like Like x 6
  10. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 I probably hate you, too

Well, I know I'm a fuddy-duddy luddite, but I'm not interested in buying a record player that converts to digital or burns to CD, in addition to the price of this limited purchase.

Look, all the retro hipsters with your pricey vinyl collection may not agree, but LPs aren't really portable or practical. They MAY sound great (this could be argued until the cows come home), but I don't have the free time to listen to records at home. The only free time I have to listen to music is on the go, and I never got into digital - I LOVE the physical format and all that comes with it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

...oh, that’s rich...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blackout32

Blackout32 Dimebag Darrell Abbott

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I don't have a record player yet but i need the Megatron and Optimus records. I really hope i can get lucky enough to get them since they are limited. A record player will have to be bought so i can listen to the record. If they would only release this in cd format next then i would be very happy.

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I'm kinda relieved a lot of people are mad and don't want to buy this, because they don't have a turn table. Makes me hopeful I won't have a hassle getting one on friday. *fingers crossed*

I just wish I already set up the connection between my mixer and my PC. Because I also have a lot of other vinyl that was never available anywhere else (not even pirated) and I would like to rip the soundtrack to my PC.

I hope I live to see the day when EVERYTHING is wireless. Even no power cords. No cables anywhere. That would be so cool. At least if it does not pose any health issues.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

To be honest the only way this could be any more ridiculous is if they announced that it would be on another format... only to then say it\'s cassette tapes before saying they\'ll sell fully functional 80s tapeplayers styled after Soundwave just to make it seem better. Really like with most of Hasbro\'s decisions, I\'m left happy for one moment then I\'m completely dumbfounded and questioning if the decision was made by an actual robot. Hasbro, guys, take it from Guardians of the Galaxy and basically almost every other band or franchise that decides to do a release on an old format. It\'s better as a special surprise alongside the normal releases and not as the only way to get what they want and it\'s especially aggravating here when considering the soundtrack for this show is something people have been wanting a remaster of for a long time.

15. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too!

Yep, this is exactly what I was getting at.
    It's not a matter of IF, but WHEN this will be converted from vinyl to digital and pirated online. The way they are handling this release is basically inviting people to pirate it. And, once those people have it in a pirated digital format, most won't bother paying for a legit copy whenever it is officially released digitally.

I understand the business logic behind not announcing a digital version, because it increases demand for the vinyl. But with the vinyl in such limited supply, it negates the logic. With so few copies available, it will sell out anyway, so why withhold info about a digital release, piss off the consumers, and invite piracy?

• Like Like x 1
  16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The idiocity on display in this thread is unbelievable.

I hope I can get at least the Optimus and Megatron versions.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    What I would find ridiculous would be, if they released it on Minidisc. While there are probably still some people using that, I never knew someone who had that. Although I was really interested in it at the time.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    While the records are certainly some nice eye candy they hold no attraction for me. get me a copy on CD or Mp3 and we shall talk.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Huh ? Not sure what you mean but ok...

20. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

I agree. The introduction of downloads destroyed the vinyl industry. The introduction of CD players with pitch control along with the ability to burn CDs from a computer was a game changer. DJs all over converted their collections to CDs and eveventually MP3s and dumped all their records in the thrift stores. It was always about having the music. It was never about having a paper cover or a large round piece of plastic. Thats why I dont understand these hipster millennials. They like vinyl for reasons most DJs never understood. Theyre like old men, they like to hear the crackle, popping and read the album covers.