Original G1 vs. G1 Re-Issue Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Oct 22, 2007.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hi All,

So, I'm a little ashamed to ask such a noobish question (apologies in advance), but I'm curious about a few things related to the G1 Seekers. I'm afraid I only currently own the re-issue Seekers, so I'm wondering about the differences between them and the original molds. I know the missiles are different, I'm mostly interested in the following:

1. The Wing Pegs: the wing pegs in the re-issue Seekers are absurdly long, creating a big gap between the wings and the fuselage of the plane. Do the original Seekers have shorter pegs? Does it vary between pre-rub and post-rub? Based on the excellent TF-1article on the Diaclone jet-robo, I know the Diaclone version had short pegs. What about the G1 Transformers versions?

2. Post-rub versus Pre-Rub G1: What are the other differences between the pre-rub Seekers and the post-rub? Do all the pre-rubs have the smooth cockpit? Is the wing peg issue mentioned above different between the two? Does the pre-rub Thundercracker have more of the Diaclone jet-robo color to it? Are the pre-rub wings and rudders "solid" like the Diaclone version, or "hollow" like the post-rub Transformers version?

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to decide if it's worth acquiring some original jets in addition to the re-issues.

2. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Holy cow, that's great. Yeah, I think that should answer just about anything I could think to ask.

Thanks for the link! Awesome stuff. :)