Original G1 unused stickers questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LifePincher, May 24, 2011.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Do stickers lose any adhesive qualities after so long, or do they apply just as they did when they were new?

Any differences between the foil type vs. transparent type when it comes to this?

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

A few years ago I got a Ranger (from Masterforce) MIB. The figure originally came out around 1989 or so from Japan. About a year ago I decided to apply the original stickers that came with him. I didn't have one problem with them adhering, and to this day they still look great. I think there are a few examples of weaker labels out there that might lift off the sheet, but most of the stickers are great quality.

~Z

3. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    I had a Snarl that I got with OG stickers - no problem with adhering when I put them on...

4. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have bought about 30 1984, and 1985 sticker sheets over the last year, been on a big restoration kick, all have been authentic. I would strongly recomend adding glue. I use just a white basic glue, I got it at a craft store but it's a pretty basic white glue that dries clear. My experience is that the clear plastic based have as much loss of adhesive as the paper based ones. I hedged my bets twice and thought a sticker sheet had enough left. I paid the price a month later when a couple started to curl off.