Original G1 Transformers Comforter

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there. About the only thing I have left from childhood, is my original G1 Transformers bed comforter. It's in fairly good condition considering it's 25 years old. I'll post pictures of it later today.
    I'm wondering if it's worth anything to you collectors out there. It still makes a nice bed cover, or it can be used as a nice background for displaying your G1 figures.
    What do you think? I haven't seen to many listed on ebay, and those I have seen are fairly inexpensive. Practically cheap...................

2. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Comformers: Warm when meets the thighs!" [that was uber lame, I know :eek: ]

Not worth much to me. IMO you're better off keeping it for sentimental value.

3. Tigertrack

That's the problem, I have no sentimental value placed on it, and I could care less about. To be honest, I'm damn surprised I still got it!
    I just wonder if it's worth anything to anybody here for trades or whatever. Not hoping to get rich off it or anything silly like that. :D 

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    With stuff like that you need to be pretty specific about its condition - is it faded, are there stains, smells, is it from a pet or smoker household, how many times has it been repaired, how threadbare (aka rubbed thin) is the fabric, was it used daily and by whom, etc., most of which won't be visible in the picture. Honestly I'd love to find one to replace my almost-as-ancient comforter, but only one in excellent condition which would be VERY hard to find.

--Moony

5. Tigertrack

I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow. As far as I can tell it's nearly perfect, for it's age. We are a family of NONE smokers, so no smoke there. Pets? Yes, but I don't think there have been any stains on it. I can check when I take pictures. I think it's a pretty nice sample.

6. Tigertrack

Took some pictures of my comforter for you guy's to have a look at. The corners have a little bit of wear, but I see no visible stains and there are no noticeable smells on it either. For a blanket this old, it's in awesome shape! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is about the extent of the wear on the corners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the back of it.
    [​IMG]
    I would bet a few stitching and it be as good as new. I'm not expecting anything big out of this. Perhaps trade a figure or two.
    I even thought about using it as a background for displaying some of my figures. But some reason, this felt too silly for somebody my age.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PM me if anybodies interested.

7. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you really want to keep it in good condition, store it like museums do their textiles. Find acid free paper and a box (art stores, perhaps). Wrap the blanket in the paper, placing paper bewteen each surface. If you fold it, bunch up some paper and place it right in the folds.

Or you could sell it. But I agree with Janitor, keep it for sentimental reasons. I would!

8. Optimus997

Optimus997 Well-Known Member

I had one of those when I was a kid. Sheets too I think. Good times!

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    That's a blanket, not a comforter. Comforters are poofy with two fabric layers and down or fiberfill between. Blankets have one layer of fabric and no fill.

I agree its in pretty good shape for being as old as it is, tho, but it has clearly been washed a lot.

--Moony

10. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

up until not too long ago I had the sheets that go with that.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I did too! I had a sleeping bag with the G1 battle scene as well :) 

12. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had that. I still have the sheet and the pillowcase.