Minor/Repaint: Original Character: Zade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TENIME_art, Aug 1, 2008.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad to see this one is moving along. Good luck finishing the head. Filling in the roof holes is a snap, I did that recently for my Jazz.

2. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Thanks, guys! :D 

I just had an idea about the ears...I could use Sunstreaker's, un-altered, but sideways against the head...and with some tube & rounded strip styrene, I could make them hinged, so they'll rotate down for transformation, and up for Robot mode...

Any idea on how to add some friction inside the tube, while still allowing the pole to rotate? I got the parts awhile ago for a discarded Springer idea, and they were the best match (everything else was too loose, or wouldn't fit), so I'm kinda stuck with what I've got...

3. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Anyone know why this thread used to thumbnail & link to Superquad's Prefecture Police? :peoples: 

I've painted the doors/wheel-wells!!

Question, though: Should I do a flat overcoat, or gloss?

4. REDLINE

News Credits:
    if you want it to fit in with Classics, Semi-gloss is the best way to go, though flat won't look too far off.

did you remove the shoulder missles? if you did, how'd ya do it without mesin' them up for future use if ya didn't mess 'em up?

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What are you talking about, Red? It's a doddle to get those launchers out just by pulling them - I've done that with my Jazz's former left launcher, since he's not gonna be needing it.

Zade's looking pretty tasty so far. I'm curious to see what you do with the head - to me, with the side vents raised, the head looks more like that of Devastator...
    As for padding the loose tube, have you considered poly cement, clear nail varnish or something like Future? It shouldn't be that loose in the first place; all you need do is add a few thin coats and test it till it's tight enough.

6. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Well, here's my main problem with the tube:

The screw shaft (heh. "screw shaft". heh.) is in the way. Now, normally, I'd just cut it out, epoxy the head, and voila! But the head is on Prowl's neck pin, and was a b*tch to get so as it was, screwing the head together. In order to get it on, I'd have to epoxy the halves around the pin, and that runs the risk of epoxying it to the pin, taking away his articulation.

(And, I tried to see about supplanting Sunny's balljoint, but that would've made transformation pretty much impossible, raising Zade's head up too high, eliminating the clearance needed.)

So...back to the drawing board...I've got some other ideas I'm gonna toy (pun!) with. Another problem is I may have to trim the ears. They might be too thick, that even with the rotation, again: hinder the TF. :rolleyes2 

But, god, I love this head so much!! I don't want to change it!! :banghead: 

As for the missile launchers...they should just pop out. When I was first fuxing with this Prowl, I was even considering making the 350Z the roadster, and using the launcher arms to hold the windshield in place. But I'm still a novice, and I'm not about to attempt something like that... :confused2 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    *taps his fingers impatiently*

"Finish him!"

:D 

:lol 

8. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    :lol 

Yeah, yeah...

:wink: 

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You know, I thought about how you'd pull off the convertible look for the Roadster. I didn't even consider the shoulder launchers. Frankly, I don't think that'd even be difficult to do...

10. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    I know, I just don't have the time or resources to make it perfect, and if I can't accomplish that, I'd rather not even attempt it... :confused2 

Painted more car parts!! I've decided to go glossy on the car shell, but flat on the bot.

11. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

This design has alot of potential, even if its a little simple (not like that's a bad thing) I look forward to seeing the final results. Fan characters are always interesting to see :]

12. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking good man.

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    me liking the progress

14. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Progress looking good. Just keep us updated.

15. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Okay, so, the rotating ears didn't work. The epoxy didn't bond enough, and they snapped right off. :redface2: 

I'm afraid if I try more, it'll bond where I don't want it to, eliminating the rotation, preventing Transformation, which is pointless.

So, I'm thinking of busting out the Green Stuff, and giving him some Jazz ears. There's enough empty space in the sides of his head, and as long as I don't make them taller than the top of it, there shouldn't be a problem with the TF.

Either way, Car Mode is done. Finito. No more pics will be taken of it. Nothing left to do.

And, except for the head, Robot Mode is done, too, Autobot sigil and all.

16. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I got to say the car mode is exactly what you invisioned it to be. Hopefully to see the bot mode soon. All and all very sweet.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This. I'm thrilled to see you finally be able to create this project. :thumb 

:) 

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    so... only one car picture?? ::( 

19. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    You want different angles? I don't know what to do...sides, front, back, top?

20. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Kitty cat ears!!

Bot mode's done...now I need to finish up my lightbox, so I can take a gallery of unedited pictures...

:thumb