Original 1984 VHS Releases (somewhat image heavy)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Socialvegetable, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I snatched these from my parents' house when I visited for Christmas, and thought I'd share. We bought (or were given, I'm not sure) from a local video rental store when I was a kid. I have a ton of awesome stuff from that store, including the turtles from the cardboard movie promo from the first TMNT film.

These tapes are the original 1984 releases, and the boxes are in decent - not great - condition. I don't have a VCR at my apartment, so I'm not 100% sure they still play correctly, but the tapes themselves (especially More than Meets the Eye) are in good shape.

These tapes are definitely a favorite part of my collection, so I'm glad to have finally retrieved them from home. Here are some photos. By the way, does anyone happen to have these or other volumes from the original release?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This tape clearly has a label under the retail sticker, and since it was purchased used ages ago, I'm not sure if it's meant to be that way, or if the store made a cop of the original for some reason and transferred the original sticker to the duplicate. I'm definitely not going to tamper with the sticker to find out though.