Origin of the Junkions?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Seeker, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I've always thought they were descendants of Autobots that left Cybertron during one of the earlier wars. What other explanations are there?

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    They were hoarders sent to a rehab planet which they promptly took over.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    That explains it.

4. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

they leave cyberton in middle early war with decepticons

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figured they were junk parts of Cybertronians dumped on a planet during the war and wasn't dead and repaired themselves.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Win.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

/thread

8. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

They were made from a space bridge garbage dump.

Somehow they evolved or a few weren't quite dead yet lol

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Junkions: Burred Alive

... or yeah, the space bridge junk makes sense too.

10. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    there is a comic based on them that I remember reading years ago, it had stated junkion or their home world was like cybertron and then something happened. I can't quite remember every thing on it but I remember reading it when I was like 9 years of age so that was 18 years ago.

11. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is some "official" answer to this in any continuity?

The idea of War refugees looks good to me and fits very well in what we see; but watching TF:TM and Season 3, we find a lot of other mechanical all those races are related to Cybertronians, too? Or only the Junkions?

They can be some Quintesson failed experiments or Junk planet be the place where Quintesson throws garbage some million years ago.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Eaten by Unicron maybe?

13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes when you see pictures of Cybertron it looks like there's a big hunk missing. I always liked the idea that a big hunk of Cybertron got blown off in an explosion during the war, and that's what became Junkion, and the Transformers on it who survived became the Junkions.

14. power prime

power prime AutoBot Commander

Ebay:
    My idea was they where the garbage men of the universe. taking in stuff and makeing it in to other stuff.

but..............

I think im going with this one for now on.

15. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I thought Junk was the result of Cybertronians using the space bridge to dump their waste into one sector of space. The coalescing waste started to amass it's own gravity and through millenia formed the Junk planet.

The Junkians would have been created by the original custodians who fixed up the various robots that came through the bridge with whatever they had laying around, sort of a benevolent version of Star Trek's Borg. ("We are the Junkions; reistance is half the battle. More after a word from our sponsors.")

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I shall sorta combine these:
    Garbage men (designated 'Junkions') that processed and recycled the junk sent to Cybertron's third moon. Then it got blown out of orbit during the war. Millions of years floating through space sent them a bit loopy and then one day they picked up television signals and got hooked on those to such a great extent as it was something other than just milling around in junk that it became their natural way of speaking. They had just cobbled together a space ship but telly was just so diverting that they forgot to use it to escape.

I like this idea too:

17. entITy

entITy G 1

Good post.

18. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    From a "Cybertron"(series) stand point, with a little "Beastwars" perhaps they wee exploring space, went into statis lock, their ship crashed on the mound(?) of junk and when they awoke, their systems were a bit fried but still functional. The nearest vehicle mode that was scannable happened to be a motorcycle hence why they all share an alt mode, or possibly, the first had them the rest scan the same as itself. Throughout the years as junk "planet" grew, and new refuse collected on it, they somehow began repairing themselves. Through TV signals they were able to re-learn speech, however, they werent able to put together sentences properly, but being able to repeat something they heard was merely a matter of "record and repeat". Now having means to verbally communicate the Junkions can speak but only in phrases from TV shows they've seen, with exemption to singal words (Wreckgar saying "Unicron", being an example.)

Though ... hoarders being an answer is just lovely as well.

19. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

One interesting thing about Junkions is how much they look like Decepticons. Red eyes, evil looking faces. They do have a very ancient look to them, like some of the ancient Transformers seen in G1 flashbacks. They strike me a bit like an island offshoot of a culture or species. They take on a very different appearance from the other species (e.g. Galapagos birds, Homo flores/Hobbits from other human species) or Japan with its very unique culture and loads of weird stuff with no parallel even in other East Asian countries.

Based on intent, they would seem to be an offshoot of the Autobots. We hear there were 2 product lines, consumer goods and military hardware (actually there were 3 product lines, though the writers didn't realize that). What do consumer goods turn into? Junk! It was quite a subversive jab at then-modern consumer culture. The whole parroting of commercials and lines from sitcoms is kind of a reflection of the common notion that tv is junk, junk food for the mind, garbage, etc.

And Junk doesn't quite look like a 'piece', a hunk out of Cybertron, it looks like a portion of a sphere, peeled off. Both Beast Wars & G1 painted Cybertron as being a world with many layers, each one built on top of the old one, so it could have been a portion of the surface in one of the wars blasted off, filled in by a later new layer.

And that 3rd product line? It was security. The Dark Guardians, the Sharkitcons, Gatorbots would be that. The lack of intelligence is a result of learning the dangers of free will from the other 2 product lines, so they made what was essentially drones (not there was much intelligence in the Guardians before the rebellion). All they are is muscle with an arm cannon or laser rifle or piranha deterrents. The Quintessons kept control of that product line because it lacked the free will to rebel. In the cartoon, Scorponok was kind of regressive, having limited intelligence, a drone that Zarak could commandeer whenever he saw fit. Scorponok was kind of the Dark Guardian for the Decepticons/Hive.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think that was probably a design choice for the movie so people would think they were bad guys when they showed up. Although I think the toy had red eyes too. But then it's not unknown for Autobot toys to have red eyes. Heck, G1 Megatron and Optimus toys both had yellow eyes.