Origin of Leaked Transformers 2 Treatment Revealed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AngusDF, Oct 12, 2007.

1. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    So the treatment was written by two totally unidentified writers who are telling the story by sending an unsolicited e-mail to a website?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :peoples: 

Not outside the realm of possibility, but far too vague and impossible to corroborate to be readily believable. To be honest, the more we get told that this treatment isn't official, the more I'm inclined to believe it is.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Still, this supports both Don Murphy AND Nelson's stories, despite their seeming contradictions.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suppose it could be true, but I'm too inclined to believe that it's real (real and won't be used according to Nelson). It just seems like everyone is pushing too hard to make people believe that this will have absolutely NOTHING to do with what TF2 will actually be like.

Like I said, it could totally be true, but than everyone may be downed right trying to throw us off the trail. I mean, it's not like Don hasn't lied before with the first movie's leaked script right? And two guys out of nowhere claiming it's their work? Hmm... I'm skeptical and just because that website says that they've shown sufficiant proof to them doesn't mean anything to me as they don't actually post pics or files of any of that 'proof'.

Either way, the best answer that we've recieved so far was from Nelson and this does seemingly fit in with that. That it's real and won't be used... hmm...

5. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my belief, the best answer we received so far was this:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=37905&view=findpost&p=758830

After all, why would someone go through the trouble of removing the real authors names, then put Kruger's name on it, and than black it out?

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Real or not, usable or not, it sure was a good read. Really hope that something like that does make it.

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems like a very convoluted explanation to me. But, whatever. It was still a good read. Hopefully, some elements from this treatment will make it into the final draft.

8. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Yeah, that story is total bullshit.

1. You better believe that DW doesn't take unsolicited material... period. Any serious screenwriter would know that.

2. On top of #1, you damn sure don't pitch a treatment if you've got nothing under your belt. It doesn't matter who your 'friend' is.

3. You never use character's you don't own the rights to...ever.

4. I'll take the word of the guy that runs Bay's site over the guys at a poor man's AICN. (Oh, yeah. I went there.)

So, it was either a)Legit or b)A good treatment by a fan. I'm leaning towards A. A film school grad just wouldn't try something that stupid.

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Jiggles you are so wise !!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to agree def was professionally done. Maybe we will be suprised and some of it will show up in the movie. You know if i was a film group and i wanted to make alot of money off a movie i let a rough draft copy slip out to a selct few then i would see the reaction and then i would use that as my base for my next movie. I mean you are out to make money and if people like it before they see it. Then hell you would make good amount of money.