Oregon Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Ramulus, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

Nice haul!

...Though technically I think our TF group here is unofficially called the "Portland Weirdos" ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    I’ve got the PCC Dinobots if you want em.

3. Exxodus

Exxodus The less popular "Exodus" from Oregon

Some of us are Eugene weirdos, thank you very much!

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    There's Bumblebee Movie Cyberverse guys, Series 3 of the Tiny Turbo Chargers at the Interstate Fred Meyers.

5. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If anyone still looking for POTP Optimus and Rodimus Leader class, both are in Target Keizer Station and Northlancaster. Spotted 1 Rippersnapper and some Blackwing at the Northlancaster Target too. Cyberverse Ultimate Class Prime and Megs are also spotted there. Anyone spotting ceybertronians at Ross yet? What I find irritating is that those die-cast Voltron Lions which I bought for $12.99 each lion at Walmarts a year ago, are now shelfwarmers at Ross for a mere $5.99.

6. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

Bumblebee toys are hitting the area Fred Meyers. TVHWY/217 Fred Meyers only had the "Energon Igniters" (Legion) figures, but the Walker FM had those as well as the "Power Plus" (one-step-changer size?) and the Nitro (deluxe-ish? size?)
    Ugh, these names....
    Walker also had a ton of Wave 1 Studio Series. I'm impressed at the amount of stock I see, I'm just not feeling this line as much. I am more into the regular Deluxe/SS complexity figures.
    Anyhoo, if these things float your boat, they're around. Plus I hear some FM have a % off action figures? and there is a 30% off toys if you buy $30 of food digital coupon so Happy Hunting I guess!

7. Intalex

Intalex Vintage Robot

If anyone finds the recently stocked G1 reissues at WalMart, I'd love to hear about it.

8. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    Wave 3 Prime Masters at Mall 205 Target. 3-4 of each. Bludgeon, Bomb Burst, and Octopunch.

9. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Amazingly here in Roseburg I found Starscream and Hot Rod at mine while checking today, which is pretty amazing considering anytime I see something front paged on here with sighting in the U.S., my stores don't seem to get them till weeks later, if at all. I skipped on both though as I already have a previous re issue of Starscream from years ago and don't care for Hot Rod much. I'd love to get the Devastator set, but I'm concerned if I'll see it at mine as I noticed they don't seem to wanna order/stock larger and higher price transformers lately for some reason. I havn't seen any Leader sized figures stocked at my Wal-Mart since Titan's Return.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Technobot

Supposedly the toy modular is due to reset this weekend for all Walmarts. They might have a Devastator in back. I'd go back and ask, wouldn't hurt. :) 

edit: :eek:  4 Devy in stock at Roseburg Walmart:

Transformers: Vintage G1 Constructicon Devastator 6-Figure Collection Pack – Walmart Inventory Checker – BrickSeek

11. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

$86? I thought I read it was supposed to be more around 70, but I could be mistaken. I might go back and check but not end of the world. Asking probably wouldn't do much good as most of the employees there don't seem very knowledgeable or even appreciate being at their job. I don't understand how they can be opened 24 hours but have shelve spaces empty for weeks, and I'm not even talking just toys. I work at Costco down the road and a lot of the stuff that goes on there would never fly at my job.....but than again we do operate by higher standards than most other stores do....

12. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Technobot

When you type in the zip code it's $74 at the listed stores nearby. Looks like 4 per store.

Yeah, Walmart is pretty notorious like that. :p 

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  13. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Well-Known Member

I don't drop into this sub thread very often, but wondered how many of ya'll will be going to the 7:00pm showing of Transformers: The Movie at the Century 16 Eastport.

Has there been any talk of setting up a small swap before/after?

14. Intalex

Intalex Vintage Robot

I'll be there with at least two other collectors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Well-Known Member

Awesome @Intalex!

I'm coming with 3 pals--I immediately purchased four seats when the announcement went up.
    None of them are collectors per-se, but they're all fans.
    I'm the youngest in our party at 34--and 2 of the 3 others saw this in theaters the first time around back in 1986.

I don't have a *ton* of swag to bring to a swap--but I'd be so down to make this into an EVENT beyond just the film.
    I'd be keen to bring what bots I do have gathering dust and make it a fun night for somebody else.

IDEA:

Would anybody be keen on doing a (Transformers) white elephant exchange? Nothing worthless, nothing worth more than $30.
    Bring something you yourself would be keen to take home (if it wasn't already your object/the thing you're giving away)--but nothing you'll regret leaving behind sort-of-thing?
    Wrap it up nice like you're giving a present (*you are*) and prepare to receive something special in return??

I could bring Transformers/white elephant fodder (wrapped-up) for myself and the 3 others. Does this sort of thing sound appealing to anybody else?

I'm open to other ideas about a pre-film meet-up. Perhaps shots or puffs in the parking lot are more apropos?

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'll be at the showing with my brother. I was only 3 years old when the movie came out in theaters, so this is very exciting for me!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Intalex

Intalex Vintage Robot

So they screened the movie in two theaters at the same time. NUTZ! Must have gotten a better response than expected and opened the second screen.

Anyway, there used to be a large group of fans that would meet up in Portland every so often. I think I went to two of those gatherings like well over 10 years ago.

With the reboot of the franchise, perhaps a gathering could be organized by Dec.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hotwhilz

Ebay:
    I'm in Salem, kinda hard at times when going up there. I missed the most recent one that organized by Wraith in Beverton.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hotwhilz

Ebay:
    Stopped by Salem Ross by Northlancaster. TLK Premier deluxes were spotted. Bee, Crosshairs, Drift and even the blue two headed Swoop (Strafe I think), were there. Not interested in any of those. Supposedly there are 4 stocks of re-release of G1 Devs in the Northlancaster Walmart. There were times that Brickseek are right on, but lately, have not. Last time I was there was this past Tuesday and they had squat. POTP Grim, Hun-Garr, and even Elita-1 are becoming shelfwarmers there, hard to believe.

20. Wisp

Wisp Several screaming salmon in a trenchcoat.

POTP Novastar at cascade station Target, out by the airport. Only one, though.