Oregon Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Ramulus, Feb 15, 2003.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not a sighting and not quite the thread for this but I just have to gush about this dude. It's probably become my most favorite Transformers toy...ever.

20170722_193638.jpg
    20170722_204720.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Megatronus

Megatronus Decepticon

News Credits:
    Trypticon, RC Sqweeks, and the TLK Leaders have landed at Jantzen TRU. One Trypticon and Leader Optimus remain. I snagged one Trypticon and Megatron.

3. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Bummer, was gonna stop in on my home from work but traffic was being a bitch and didn't want to get stuck trying to get back on 5. Still no deluxe sqweeks?

4. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just got back from TRU. No new deluxes. Picked up the Trypticon though. I hope the hips on mine aren't crappy.

EDIT: nothing new at Target. Unless you still need a Broadside or TLK wave 1 stuff.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WS TRU has the turbo changer dragonstorm, tlk cybertron and the rc squeeks. Also rid combined force ultra bee. Left out the tlk grimlock/ OP legion pack and the OP evolution set.

6. Megatronus

Megatronus Decepticon

News Credits:
    Be careful with your Trypticon's hips, Planck. The right hip on mine was bad and I didn't realize it until it was too late.

7. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah. My left hip has loosened up but it might be because it's breaking. Right one is pretty loose. Thankfully it's easier to take them off than I thought they'd be. I'll have to open 'em up and see what I can do when I have time.

God, I love him other wise. I have the other Titans except for Fort Max, so it's exciting to have this guy.

8. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    Non-TF Related:
    Does anyone know if Mattel lets you order SDCC exclusives after the con? I really want that Destiny Mega-Construx set, but I don't want to have to pay ebay prices for it.
    Any suggestions?

9. schlagwerk

schlagwerk Well-Known Member

I was at 185th Target early on Sunday on the off chance that they had wave 5 Titans Return Deluxes. There was an unopened box of deluxes set out by the people doing stock. Sadly, they were just more wave 3.

Not a real sighting, just wanted to share my pain. :p 

10. Chrg

Chrg RH Creations

Clackamas TRU has a TLK Leader Prime. Took the only Megatron. No Trypticon either.

11. Regzero

Regzero Well-Known Member

Long ago and far away I thing Matty Collector used to. But I think they are gone, so I have no idea.

12. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Called the Salem tru today about trypticon. Some lady told me that they're not expecting any because they are a tru/bru store... she said Eugene had the in stock though. Not sure if this is true but she sounded knowledgeable. So I just thought I'd throw that out there. Anyway I ended up just ordering him online. Still need Blitz and Octone so if anyone in the Salem area sees'em please post!

13. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    Currently looking for RID Bludgeon and Thermidore. Anyone see them?

14. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sounds like BS. Jantzen Beach TRU is a double store also and they got two in on Sunday.

15. Regzero

From what I have heard the TRU/BRU type double stores have had horrible shipments. Basically the corporate office doesn't know what, when, or how often to ship to those stores. So their schedules and merchandise are a little off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Yeah I don't know, they've gotten all the big releases in the past so... either way, it's becoming such a pain to find these things locally that I usually end up ordering online. It's a great feeling walking into a store and finding what you want but after a few fruitless runs it gets old. Still gonna hold out for blitz and octone... for now. Have they even been popping up?

17. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    Im glad Im waiting for Takara's Trypticon. Hunting this guy looks like a pain

18. Regzero

Oh it is true TRU/BRU do get some of the Big release items, but when and how much is anyone's guess. Most BRU get their shipments on X day. TRU will get theirs on Y day. Corporate can't figure out a schedule on when to send stuff to them. So the combo stores may get it on X or Y or Z. And I have seen items at Clackamas TRU that I have never seen at Janzen Beach TRU/BRU. Maybe Janzen Beach got like one in and never got more I don't know.

A chunk of us do buy online because it can be crazy trying to find the figures we want, so you aren't alone.

I still hunt though every so often and keep an eye for board members.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It seems like they pop up every now and then whenever the gods feel like it. I'm about ready to just pick up the BBTS pre-order for those two.

Anyone feel like it's easier getting TR exclusives than it is getting the main line?

I was going to wait for Takara Tryps, but I talked myself out of it. The differences in paint aps are so inconsequential that I couldn't justify paying an extra 80 bucks or so for it. I gladly paid for UW Devastator because the G1 guns and elbows on Scrapper and Long Haul were absolutely worth it, but it doesn't seem Dinosaurer has any improvements like that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  20. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with you opinion on Trypticon. I just usually wait for TFSource Black Friday sales to get my Titans kick. It has been pretty consistent that Metroplex. Devy, and more recently Fortress thaf they were on sale for $99 each black friday week. Then anything $150 up will have free shipping. So I end up paying about $150 or so to get a titan class and some other TF goodies to add up for the free shipping. I have not tried price matching Toys r us with other online sites on black fridays, but on a regular day, they would even to match target and walmart prices.