Oregon Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Ramulus, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yea, Transformers is one of the last lines Walgreens hasn't gotten an exclusive for. They've gotten exclusives for Marvel Legends, World of Nintendo, My Little Pony, Star Wars Black, Mattel DC Multiverse 3.75" and 6", WWE, Halo, Walking Dead, Assassin's Creed, Funko POP, Minimates... pretty much every major toyline has thrown Walgreens a figure. In fact, Walgreens is going to be the only retailer going forward carrying 5" Walking Dead figures from McFarlane, they single-handedly made a deal to keep the line alive. The toy buyer for Walgreens is a huge collector and fan of a lot of properties.

They've been trying to get away from the "it's just a pharmacy" way of thinking for years now, transitioning more to a corner store where you can not only fill a prescription but also buy groceries, get toys, buy some movies, etc. I remember like a year ago a radio commercial that was like "Why wait in line at the grocery store, get your milk, eggs and bread at Walgreens! Shorter lines, better prices!" They've been struggling to keep up with places like Target and Wal-Mart in the pharmacy business, if I remember right, and they are trying to expand their horizons a bit.

3. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

They'd expand a little faster if they weren't charging $20 for a deluxe (though I guess they're still selling out at those prices? :scalper )

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie. The availability helped. I got Mindwipe and Weirdwolf there.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends sighting. Went to Walgreens after visiting my Uncle, and they had the entire Mavel Legends Dr. Strange wave with the BAF Dormammu. Snatched all 8 figures up quick. They were at the Walgreens store on Powell in Gresham. It was the only set there. 19.99, so par for course on ML figures.

So yeah, they're out! I'm excited to have these figures.

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    If you're really, really desperate for Wave 1 Titans Returns Deluxes, the Portland TFAW has them at $23.99 a piece, according to their FB page. Oof.

I know why they have to price them so high (they don't really get the ordering discount bigger places like Wal-Mart and Target get, plus they have to compensate for the box customers' discounts, which can be up to 20% off figures), but man, if you have to charge such a high price to make a profit, probably just shouldn't order them at all, you know?

If anyone wants to avoid the hunt, these are all on Amazon at $19.99 a piece and release in two days, just a heads up. I saw them at the Wood Village Wal-Mart a few days ago, just didn't think anyone cared so I didn't post anything!