Customs: Oregon Customs

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wraith Prime, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Regzero

Regzero Well-Known Member

2. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

On again Off again is off (again) - haven't had time to work on lupus or to take any photos. I doubt i'll have any time between now and Tuesday either, but we'll see...
    What time I did have to work was spent fixing my younger son's 'Miss Sazabi.' He'd snapped a peg off of the knee joint. I was able to find the right size drill bit, drilled a hole where the peg was, then glued a piece of runner in there to replace the peg. It worked perfectly and I'm really happy about how it turned out.

3. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

I really need to put this thread in my signature or something, along with the one for local meet-ups.
    No Gundam work of note lately, but I did make a cool steampunk/cybernetic eye accessory. (I'm also helping my son with pinewood derby which is this weekend)
    I am currently the Cubmaster of my younger son's pack. My main shtick has ended up being a pirate captain with an eye patch and hook. This year's Blue and Gold banquet was Star Wars themed, but I had to figure out some way to still sneak a pirate sketch in there, so I changed the skit to have Star Wars references, and made myself a cybernetic-eye patch.
    It's just the base of a LED tea light candle from Michael's painted in various metallic sharpies, a Gundam pen, some black paint, and a gold Gundam Marker. Glued to that are a few bits of a diet pepsi bottlecap, also colored with sharpie. The assembly is glued to a bit of leather as an eye patch, with a hole cut out to access the power switch. What I am most proud of, though, is that the aperture-looking part is held in place by two of the outer eye parts. The third outer eye part is attached only to the aperture, and thus, it can be used to rotate it back and forth. I'll take some pictures this weekend.

4. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

5. Regzero

Man I really need to get to my Gundam kits. Plus side, at least Uwajimaya started carrying more sets and Gundam pens.

6. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

That was info I didn't need....I'm in enough danger going over to that side of town what with Tammies and TFAW so close...sigh...
    You should really come to that event, though I realize it's quite a drive and time commitment for you. Just come out, grab a cheap IBO kit and hang out. Hoping they do a restock beforehand so they have some neat suits from season 2. (Vidar, Flauros, Barbatos Lupus Rex, Shinden, etc) They're cheap, awesome, and don't take a ton of time.

At any rate, here's a quick gallery of that Cybernetic-Eyepatch I was talking about: Cybernetic-Eyepatch

7. Regzero

I love the eyepatch. I probably won't be making it out there. I have another friend I need to meet up with. I still need to get your stuff together at some point to meet up with you anyway ha ha.

8. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

I've been slowly chipping away at HGIBO 1/144 Barbatos Lupus, but I'm pretty meh about it. I like parts of it better than the Lupus Rex and vice-versa. as such, I'm not as into this kit as I thought I'd be. I am still trying to 'do it right' for the most part, but I'm not putting as much care into it as I have into past builds. Don't get me wrong, though, it's still a fun kit...I really love building up an inner frame and then slowly adding the armor. it's so much more satisfying than building one limb at a time. Plans for the weekend include finally taking some pictures of the RG Astray and hopefully some of my previous builds.

9. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

I should have taken some pictures at the TFAW build event. It was pretty cool! My older son and I enjoyed it a lot, my younger son thought it was 'too loud'
    We were expecting to grab kits there build it there, but next time I think we'll bring kits from our backlogs. I was really disappointed to find that they didn't do some kind of restock first. They had the same crap that's been sitting on the shelf for months now. My younger son got a really old SD kit that was difficult due to the old style instructions. My older son built a RG 00 Raiser, which he got compliments on due to his speedy building - completing the main suit build while we were there.
    I ended up getting an HGIBO Hugo and mostly finished it. The expectations weren't that high, and it was slightly better than expected, so I don't regret the purchase. It's just unique enough to be interesting, but it needs a couple of mods to really bring out its potential. The design and color scheme are interesting. The bucket-head is pretty lame, but the visor is really cool. The weapons are awesome too, and the inner frame spent a good amount of time in a Zenyatta /Zen pose with the blades combined like a ring behind it. PHOTOS! I put the feet on the wrong way and left off the heels in order to give it more normal feet. I am also going to mod the legs because while backward-knees are cool, the double joint would work better as a normal leg without the parts that limit it to having backward-knees.
    Barbatos Lupus is nearly done, and I've been to busy with other things to get around to taking decent pictures etc.

10. Regzero

That is an interesting kit. It does look nice and clean though. I am actually tempted to get it. Or maybe another color of it. By the way. Man the show kicks you in the feels and doesn't let up. That is all.

11. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

I'm behind by 3-4 episodes I think. I'll buckle in and try to catch up this weekend.