Ordering on-line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CrockAlley, Feb 14, 2012.

1. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

Back in December I pre-ordered four United toys (Rodimus Prime, purple tank Megatron, Axalon, and Windcharger/Wipe Out).

The on-line store shipped Rodimus about a week and a half ago. Now I get notice that Megatron is shipping. What the heck? Did these toys really get released a week and a half apart? I thought these were part of the same wave, or at most, two waves.

It's kind of annoying to pay separate shipping for each item. I emailed the company, and they won't hold my stuff until they're all in stock.

So is this store being fishy, or am I just the victim of circumstance?

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    What store was it?

Maybe their supplier didn't ship them in one go?

Maybe they underordered Megatron, and you got pushed into a later allocation?

3. CrockAlley

It's HLJ. I haven't pre-ordered form them in years. I usually like ordering from them, but this situation is annoying.

All the stuff you said sounds plausible. I'm probably just being unduly grumpy because I'm paying over $15 shipping each time. Collecting Japanese toys is expensive! :tongue: 

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    W/O logging into my account, i think HLJ do actually have an 'order stacking' option of some sort?

Wrong?

HLJs pre-order system is hit and miss. You can throw in a pre-order, but they don't necessarily guarantee it. Which makes me think it could explain what's been happening?

5. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Pre-ordering with HLJ SUCKS. They will not hold orders; they charge on shipment, and yes every shipment is charged seperately. If you ask to hold, they will not charge you, but you run the risk of the items they have in stock (and that you thought you pre-ordered) actually selling out! Happened to me too with a couple of previous United items I had "pre-ordered" with HLJ (Wreckgar, Kup, Wheeljack): I waited too long, they sold out and I was left with jack.
    For that reason I hate ordering with HLJ and would severly discourage any pre-orders with them.

6. CrockAlley

I asked them to hold for me, and they said they don't do that.

I've placed many "in stock" orders with HLJ over the years, and I like their order checking system. But I guess my pre-orders are going back to robotkingdom from now on.

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

It's a good thing I buy from Toy Arena. They carry a lot of the same things HLJ has and TA is closer to where I live so I get my Gundams from them instead,

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've used HLJ once for Ghost in the Shell toy. Everything came out fine, and I can't say I wouldn't use them again, but I was not impressed with how they set things up there.

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From what I understand HLJ is good for ordering stuff in stock. Once I ordered two Gundam kits from them, one had become out of stock and they did ask me if I still want the other kit. Since the other one was just a "might as well" purchase, I cancelled the whole order. I appreciated them letting me know.

I buy stuff from amazon jp, too and they ship separately all the time. TFs in the same wave, they ship in 2 separate boxes within a few hours of each other. Domestic shipping is free, but having 2 boxes instead of one affects my proxy fee :(