Ordering Items over seas like Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crimson Primus, Jul 16, 2010.

  1. Crimson Primus

    Crimson Primus Deceptinut

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Posts:
    1,078
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Likes:
    +0
    Ordering Items over seas like Hong Kong- HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE?

    Ok, Ive bought two items from Fleabay, one being a ROTF Bruticus Maximus and the other, a plush Optimus Prime.

    I bought the BM on June 15 and it shipped 2 days later via Hong Kong Post ?

    Destination - Australia <-----WTF?
    The item (RB3264XXXXXHK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 26-May-2010


    Almost a month later and it still has not arrived.....is this natural for it to take so long or has it been lost. I am wondering if I should go into paypal and ask for my monies back or something because Ive never had something take this long to get to my house from there....especially from EMS(is this EMS?).

    Whats even more odd about the whole thing is Australia was on its destination list????


    The other item I bought the day after Botcon, and it is not here yet either?
     
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. jorod74

    jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2007
    Posts:
    7,559
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +2
    Ebay:
    if HK Post is like what i think it is, you'll have a healthy wait- but not 2 months.

    i was thinking of maybe 2-3 weeks.

    that's the best guess i can give you.

    as a rule, i avoid buying from sellers from Asia in eBay. nothing against them, but i hate a month long wait for something.
    also, i wonder what their seller ratings were. i stay at 99.7% or better in general to stay safe.
     
  3. Crimson Primus

    Crimson Primus Deceptinut

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Posts:
    1,078
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Likes:
    +0
    So Hong Kong Post is not the same as EMS then :( 

    Any ideas as to why it went to Ozland first?
     
  4. Sidecutter

    Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2004
    Posts:
    5,098
    News Credits:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    272
    Likes:
    +41
    Hong Kong post CAN be EMS, but it's not necessarily EMS. There's also Parcel, Airmail, Registered Airmail, etc.

    You need to contact your seller before you make a complaint to PayPal. Give them a chance to explain and fix the issue. Also, plug your tracking number into the Track & Confirm on the USPS site.
     
  5. Crimson Primus

    Crimson Primus Deceptinut

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Posts:
    1,078
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Likes:
    +0

    Usps tracking does not recognize the same number as the Hong Kong Post one does.

    Also I have contacted the Seller (98.3% feedback) and he said just give it time...that was two weeks ago when I said what is he going to do about me not receiving it yet. I emailed him back a day later and I have not heard from him sense....I still don't understand why it was routed through the Land of Oz?
     
  6. Lbsammills51

    Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2008
    Posts:
    13,495
    News Credits:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    247
    Location:
    Alta Loma, CA
    Likes:
    +108
    Ebay:
    I forget, does Robot Kingdom's stuff ship out of Hong Kong? I always get their stuff within a week or so of shipping.

    I did buy a sealed Micron Legends Prime/Convoy MC-01 from a seller in Hong Kong about four weeks ago and am still awaiting its arrival. I contacted the seller (they had a perfect feedback rating at the time of purchase) asking for the tracking number (they originally sent an email in very broken english intimating the package would ship soon, but didn't add the tracking number); I got a response stating he'll go back and get the tracking number to help track down where it is. I checked the same sellers feedback from others and noticed some people stated they got their stuff very quickly, while others said that it took a long while (feedback wasn't left until a month or so after the sale date)

    I've ordered other stuff from sellers out of Hong Kong and never got a tracking number or any sort of communication from them, but still got whatever I picked up within two or two and a half weeks. I've yet to get ripped off or end up with something "lost," but it does seem to be a crapshoot when it comes to delivery times.
     
  7. Crimson Primus

    Crimson Primus Deceptinut

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Posts:
    1,078
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Likes:
    +0
    So far I am going onto the 9th week of when I bought the item :( 
     
  8. adamthered

    adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2002
    Posts:
    4,963
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Likes:
    +3
    I have ordered a few things on Ebay from Asian sellers. One time I ordered a Battle Royale poster, it never showed, and my money was refunded without explanation of why the item didn't get shipped.

    Once I ordered Tiger Tracks and he arrived with no problems.

    Once I ordered some Naruto figures and they never showed, seller never refunded money after I asked because he said they were delivered.

    That's my experience ordering from Asian Ebay sellers, a 33.3% chance of getting the item you paid for, a 33.3% chance of getting a refund, and a 33.4% chance of getting fucked over.

    Good luck with your items.

    EDIT: Oh, I also got Music Lable Soundwave and he showed up, so change all those percentages to 50%, 25% and 25%! :D 
     
  9. QmTablit

    QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Posts:
    9,428
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +2
    I've honestly never had anything take longer than a week to get to me from Asia. But then again, I live in Seattle.
     
  10. mx-01 archon

    mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2003
    Posts:
    15,074
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    312
    Likes:
    +112
    Same here. Though I'm in Vancouver, BC, so it's pretty much the same thing :p .

    I think my record is three days: 1 day flight, 1 day in customs, 1 day for Canada Post. And then 5 days until I could actually get to the Post Office to pick up the parcel...
     
  11. cobra zartan

    cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Posts:
    6,344
    News Credits:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Likes:
    +19
    track-trace

    slap your tracking into the post/ems section, ive had items from HK sit in customers forever for no reason.
     
  12. chrisr291

    chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2009
    Posts:
    12,359
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    227
    Likes:
    +33
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they are out of HK. My Drillhorn showed up in a week and a half, which is pretty fast in my opinion


    YIkes, Your screwed, pay pal only gives you 45 days to file a complaint.
     
  13. CookSux

    CookSux Infectious Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Posts:
    1,699
    News Credits:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    171
    Likes:
    +8
    Ebay:
    May 14th a notice from USPS arrives at my door... I ordered a Alternity Megatron from a seller in HK. I go to the post office to see if they have it, and they can't find it. They tell me to call back the next day. They tell me this for a month and a half straight... all while the seller doesn't want to take the time to file a claim so that he can get his money back, and I can get my refund. I still haven't gotten this toy... the post office lost it... but the hk seller isn't helping me either.
     
  14. sixpointsinspace

    sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Posts:
    2,387
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    201
    Likes:
    +3
    Longest ive ever waited for something from Asia was 2 weeks and I live in Oregon.
     
  15. G1_Cindersaur

    G1_Cindersaur Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2010
    Posts:
    3,297
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +2

Share This Page