Ordering from TFsource or F2F, Feedback?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rod, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I want to order the Encore Megs from either TFsource or F2F, but having never delt with them, I have a few questions, like:

- What are the shipping prices like? reasonable?
    - Shipping time (coming from Japan, i figure they'd be a while)
    - It looks like they take order info via e-mail, how safe is this?

Thanks in advance
    - Rod

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I like ordering from F2F and here's why...

-Shipping is reasonable...he doesn't overcharge.
    -His low prices on pre-orders off sets the extra you pay for the international shipping
    -He doesn't charge you extra if you are a MISB collector and want C10 boxes. Which is a huge plus for me.
    -All payments are made through Paypal which has itemized invoices, so there can never be any dispute as to what you are paying for.
    -Very friendly guy who has great customer service and is just a cool guy to talk to.

For me there is only one Con when dealing with F2F. He does add the 3% in order to cover Paypal fees. Which is not a big deal...I just think he should state that on the site. Sometimes he may take a day or two to respond to an e-mail, but he's running a one man show so that's understandable.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource is the best. Hands down. Their shipping is the best there is. Period.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I got my reissue Soundblaster from F2F... Ryan went out of his way to find it, then only charged me the retail price. Then he accidentally sent it EMS and didnt have me pay the difference ($20-30 if I recall). At my door the next day.

My other order was some early GF stuff... Showed up in under 2 weeks, both orders were well packaged and undamaged.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I got MP Megatron from F2F after a friend recommended them and I was very pleased with the service. The shipping was lightning fast, the box was packed very well, and they really cared about customer satisfaction; they threw in a free PVC figure and sent me an e-mail after I got the figure to inform me of some of the QC issues they've heard of, just so I might watch out for it. Very nice guys.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Ryan went out of is way to find the Revoltech Ultra Magnus after it was sold out because he still had it listed as "in stock" on the website. Granted the shipping was pretty slow, that's still some good service.

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I've never ordered from F2F but have a pending preorder for the Encore set.

As for TFSource, nothing but good things to say about Curt and his team. They usually have the best prices in the States and do an amazing job packaging.

8. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    I never heard about F2F before.... can someone enlighten me?

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I have ordered from F2F a couple times, including MP Megatron, and have MP3 Soundwave still on preorder. He is great, I have no complaints at all. Highly recommended.

10. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I have ordered from both sites. Both are very helpful and very nice guys. TFSource shipping is very fair, as well. I'd recommend both!