Ordering from Hobby Link Japan

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Luffy20, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

Sorry for starting a new thread.

I ordered a sh figuarts fang joker from hlj yesterday and I received my order confirmation today. It says to wait for a payment request. How long does it normally take for the payment request to come through?

On my account on hlj it says my item can't be shipped as I haven't paid yet. There is a pay with paypal (which I am using) button next to it.
    Do I wait for my payment request or do I click the button even though I haven't got my payment requst?

Thank your for any advice you can give it would be greatly appreciate as I haven't done anything like this before.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    E-mail them and ask for a confirmation. But I think you should be fine paying now.

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I only ordered from HLJ once. My order somehow arrived from Japan within three days, but they did not charge my credit card until the following month! It was an odd experience, but hey, sure showed up fast. It was a Mospeada bike, in fact.

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

hey man, i've bought from them many times. if i were you, i'd just wait for the payment request from them. its saturday in japan right now. i'm guessing earliest they can send you the payment request would be sunday evening here in the us (monday morning there). i'm not 100% sure about that "pay with paypal" icon you see in your account, but it must be where you set a billing agreement with hlj wherein they'll charge your paypal account automatically everytime you make an order.

don't worry. once you already got the order confirmation, payment request is sure to follow next. you just got caught in the weekend that's why they haven't sent it yet.

hope this helps!

5. Luffy20

Thank you for all the help guys I have just paid for my items after receiving my payment request.

6. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had that happen with them a few times with my AMEX card. I think they said it had to do with conversion rates

After that, I switched to Paypal only with them so I know when they got paid.

7. Luffy20

First off may I appologise for bumping up and old thread, but I had another question to ask about ordering from hlj and thought instead of creating a new thread I would just post in this one instead.

Last time I ordered from HLJ it all went fine untill it got into the UK. I had to pay a £6.00 VAT charge and also a £13.50 parcel force handling charge.

I have noticed that HLJ are offering 50% of Fed ex shipping. If I were to order something using fed ex shipping would my item be delivered in the uk using parcel force or fed ex and would I have to pay any more on top of the item price and the shipping (excluding VAT and other import taxes)

Thank you in advance

8. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Fed Ex delivers it. I've only gotten something from them once. And I didnt get charged Customs. But they said that if there are customs charges than you would get a letter about it after the parcel is delivered (seriously).

9. Luffy20

Thanks man so Fed ex won't add on any charges like parcel force do apart from VAT and import taxes?

10. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I think they also have a fee for paying the tax for you. Annoying but thats the way it is.