Ordering From HLJ (Hobby Link Japan)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thorns2010, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not for this. If not, Mods, feel free to move it.

I got MP-05 in the mail on Thursday last week, and the purchase has yet to show up on my online bank statement. I know from the email I received from them that the order was processed on March 30th. Well....11 days later where is it??

I have the money in my account, thats not the problem, just wondering how long it normally takes for an overseas charge to show up?

Anybody else order from them and not have the payment show up on their account yet??

Because it would be really cool if I somehow got one for free!! :D 

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Afraid I can't help, I buy from them using credit card.

3. Deemer

Deemer Well-Known Member

I bought stuff from them with CC too but it did take about 2 months before it showed up on my bill.

4. Blaster

Blaster Australian Ghetto Blaster

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It takes a while for the charges to show up because they process the transaction manually. It took about a month for mine to show up of my statement.

5. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, it shows up on your account. They get your money, it just takes a while sometimes.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yup.... they'll charge you eventually. It took a while for the charges to go through on the last order I made through them. But it did show up.

7. optimal_optimus88

optimal_optimus88 Well-Known Member

same here, it always takes a while. be patient, they'll take your money soon lol

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow... my paypal payment to them went through about 4 days after I sent it - though they have not shipped my Megatron yet, it still says it's being "processed for shipping".

9. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

everytime i have ordered something from HLJ, i have received the item in hand long before the charge ever shows up on my CC statement - give it time, it'll show up

10. soundblastc44

soundblastc44 CAPS MASTER...OH YEAH

never orderd fro em are they reliable.....

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They are quite reliable, yes.

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hate to dig up old threads, but I just ordered from HLJ for the first time and, like many other dingbats out there, I'm thoroughly confused.

I ordered two toys that were both listed as In Stock at the time of the order. This was Thursday morning.

Friday morning I get the "we got your order and are processing it, wait for the payment email"

When I logged into my account yesterday, one of the figures had gone from In Stock to Low Stock. OK, fine.

As of this morning I haven't gotten any additional emails from them, and when I log into my account, the figure that went from In Stock to Low Stock is now at Future Release. I have no idea if this toy was in stock or their stock was depleted and they have to wait for more at a later time. Also, does that affect my order? Should I assume they weren't able to fill my order?

Lastly, when I tried to update my order to ship whatever was available, the item that says future release changed to "Ship Now" and the item that still shows as In Stock changed to "Ship if available or wait for restock"

WTF? Does HLJ send emails saying, "Sorry, your order can't be filled at the moment" or do they just sit on the order for 2 months which is what their site sort of says.

Basically, I want to know if I should wait another couple days or just cancel my order and go elsewhere. I know HLJ is a trusted store, but it baffles me why they can't be as straight-forward as every other online store.