Ordering from BBTS for the first time...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cheez Doodle23, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    Hey Everyone. Like the title says I'm ordering/pre-ordering a few TFs from BBTS for the first time and wanted to get some feedback from fellow TF Fans.

Have you used BBTS before?

What's your experience with them?

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I use BBTS more than any other online retailer. They can be higher in price but I like thier service. My emails have always been answered within a few hours. Preorders are only charged when the item comes in and is ready for shipping. While I have never used it many like the "pile of loot" feature.

There are many good online toy stores and BBTS is one of them.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry about it. 100% awesome...

Now prices is another story...

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    awesome service prices are a mixed bag some good deals to had if you keep yours eyes open but some the new release stuff can be terribly overpriced

5. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

They are higher in price...you WILL take it up the tailpipe if you want something bad enough...they can be a huge rip off for new release items , and the stuff in the warehouse seems to take FOREVER sometimes.

But I've always received everything I've ever ordered from them and they came with excellent packaging.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everything about BBTS is win, except the prices.

7. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

If you are willing to dish out the cash, you will NOT be disapointed. End of story.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use them for preorders and imports only. I do find I'm using Robot Kingdom and TFSource more due to pricing. They have great sales. Their service is top notch and I love the "Pile of Loot" service. As for stuff you can find at the stores? They sometimes have stuff before the stores, but at a price. I have patience and wait till I fit it at a Target or Walmart.

9. MedicalD

MedicalD Active Member

Personally I have been buying from BBTS for around a year now, I have never had an issue with them. Very secure site and love the option to pile a bunch of loot together over 2-3months then ship all at once. Its like a big birthday present all for me!!!

10. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    I've been ordering from BBTS for about 3 years now, and I have yet to have a problem with them. The prices may be a tad high, but that's it.

11. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    I have been using BBTS for 2 years and they are a fantastic online retailer. Like everyone else says their prices are a high, but they are the first place I shop at for hard to find items.

12. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I don't use BBTS for US-release stuff, unless it's stuff I pick up cheap when they have a sale. Mostly I just use it for Japanese TFs, so while their prices are often a little bit higher than other stores for that stuff, the pile of loot features saves me a lot on shipping so that overall it's cheaper for me to go with BBTS than other stores most of the time.

13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I've never had a single problem dealing with them. I've gotten some pretty good deals too, you just gotta know when to wait (although for me it's mostly old stuff like PotF2 Star Wars figures that I'm sure they've had sitting around forEVER).

I even bought the Buger King exclusive Uruk-hai from them when it was on "clearance" for ~$60. It even had the original white shipping box and I figured there was no way I was gonna get a better deal than that on eBay.

14. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

Well BBTS is pretty good, but as everyone said.. prices are a bit high, also being European.. I kinda feel I got boned on the shipping...Oh well, got what I wanted even if I had to pay more than I bargained for.. because of customs

15. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    BBTS is great. Sure, their prices are hit or miss. But their service, communication, store credit, and pile of loot are excellent. I recently used up all my store credit there, so probably won't shop there as often but will definitely check out their sales.

Anyways, if you can wait around for your orders. Turn the pile of loot feature on and you'll save on shipping costs. It's also real nice to get a giant box in the mail every few months.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Customer Service- 5 stars. they will bend over backwards and then some to help you.

Prices- 3 Stars $30 for a Blazemaster repaint that isn't out yet? but you can find decent deals in the older stuff or clearance. (i shoulda bought the Encore Omega Supreme for $72 way back when.)

Pile O' Loot- 5 stars. Just all sorts of win.

Shipping- 4.5 stars they can lag sometimes, but it is never a reason to get your panties in a bunch; still faster than most sellers i have dealt with.

So they are just stress free sellers in my book.

17. stevenmh

stevenmh Well-Known Member

I collect SW and TF, and for the past 5 years I've bought 99% of it through them. I don't do hunting anymore, either in physical stores or online. I don't have to pay $6 shipping on a $7 figure anymore. I'm not asked to buy a whole case to get a new wave of figures anymore. I can honestly say that if they didn't make it so easy to keep up with each new wave of SW figures, and let me lump a bunch of stuff together to save on shipping, I'd probably have stopped being a completist years ago. I was sick of the time spent on the hunt and/or having to resort to eBay to find stuff that I never saw on the shelf. I'll agree that the prices are higher, particularly on store exclusives (which are generally what I *don't* buy from them... $90 for MP Skywarp?!), but what I've saved on shipping and gas, and the time I've saved chasing things down, more than make up for it. And the customer service is indeed fantastic. Same-day email response. Everything is packed well, and if there's ever a problem (I've had one problem in 5 years that wasn't their fault... MP Voltron broken in box), they will take care of it right away.

18. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Just like everyone said... really excellent service, but the prices are a little on the high side. Still, you DO get what you pay for. In this case, it's a good thing.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Agreed with everyone else, the prices are high but that's the only issue I have with them. Sometimes it's better to pay a couple extra bucks for convenience. Plus you'd waste a hell of a lot more money on gas if you were to drive around looking for the TF you want nstead of ordering it nline.