Order Page for ROTF Leader Prime Hip Mod Parts

Discussion in 'The Junk Pit' started by savio-prime, Apr 27, 2010.

1. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    CAUTION: this post is PIC heavy!!!

To order, please send me a PM. Include the following details:

1. TFW2005 username
    2. Real Name
    3. Mailing Address
    4. Quantity

Cost is a flat $26 (per set) for US domestic shipping. International pricing is $33 shipped first class mail. For orders of multiple sets in the same order add $15 for each additional set.

Orders will be fulfilled once Paypal payment has been received. Please send payment via Paypal to: hfysavi@yahoo.com
    I will PM you once I have a set(s) for you, and PM you again when I send them in the mail.

Insurance or additional/alternative shipping requests may affect shipping cost, but are welcomed for your preference.

Thanks to OMEGAPRIME1983 for putting the word out. I am now offering replacement sets for modding the wheel mounts that attach to the hips of ROTF Leader Prime. These newly designed wheel mounts allow the wheels to slide up the pin for bot mode, and slide back down for alt mode. The following are photos and explanations of how the parts are made, and how to handle the transformation.

Originally OMEGAPRIME1983 approached me with the idea in helping him achieve his vision for his Prime! I CAD'ed up several versions of the prototype until I was happy with a design that allowed for the slide-feature.
    [​IMG]

I spent many days troubleshooting and testing materials that would work. Some cracked under pressure, but eventually I hit the right design.
    [​IMG]

So I figured the best way to get durable parts was to cast them in a very strong polyurethane. I fashioned pins to define the pass thru holes used for the wheel pins. Then I created the mold with the master parts + pins by pouring silicone over them. Poured the A half, then the B half of the mold.
    [​IMG]

I also double check that the pin slot running down the length of the part with another pin matching the size of the original used for the figure.[​IMG]

As of Tuesday, April 27th, I have been casting parts out of the mold for a week. Currently, I do have about 10 or so sets ready for purchasing!

Removal and Installation:
    Once you remove the pins holding the wheel mounts to the hips and the barbed pins holding the wheels to the mounts (hammer and pin worked the easiest for me), you must install the new wheel mounts using the original pins from the figure.

To insert the barbed pin [through the wheel] and into the casted mount, use slow and deliberate pressure either with pliers or a press if you have one. You are basically sandwiching the barbed pin + the wheel + the mount in between the teeth of the pliers.

Allow each barb on the pin to nudge its way into the part, so that the hole guides the pin in nice and flush. Here's a pic on how to insert the wheel pin into the new wheel mount cast:

[​IMG]

You can use anything roughly the size of the diameter of the pin head. I used pliers, a rare earth magnet, and attached the pin to it.

The picture shows the set up without the wheel/tire so you can see how it's set up. Obviously, make sure to have the wheel in place between the wheel pin and the wheel mount.

*The pin in the picture is actually a screw. I used it simply for illustrative purposes and don't have the actual pin on hand to photograph.*

Use Caution!
    When applying pressure to squeeze the pin into the wheel mount be sure to take 2-3 seconds on EACH barb of the pin before proceeding on to the second, third, and/or fourth barb.

If by chance you seat the pin completely wherein the wheel doesn't spin freely, note the pin hole is a pass through so you can nudge the pin back out at your discretion. Once done, then slide the hinge pin back through both the casted mount's pin slot and into the hip/hinges of Prime.

After installation, there are a few steps I'd recommend to aide in the smooth transformation of Prime. Let's say you are beginning from truck mode, so lift up the rear wheel covers first.
    [​IMG]

You can see in the image below that the original function of the wheel mounts can still be preserved... the parts can swing out just like before. I don't know why you would want to, but it can.[​IMG]

**NOTE** in this pic there is a left and right side to each mount, so be sure to have the inner pocket intended for the blue hip armor aligned to the forward direction of the vehicle![​IMG]

Before you are able to actually slide the new wheel mounts up for bot mode, you must rotate the legs down by 2 CLICKS. The reason for this is that you will have to make enough clearance for the wheel mount to slide up. Rotating the legs down two clicks allows the clearance you need to accomplish this. (This will also be true when transforming back into truck mode.) You can either push the mounts up the pin, or finish transforming his legs... either way. Please notice the wheel mount in the photo below is still in its alt mode position!!![​IMG]

Here is a close up pic of the right side mount in mid-slide:
    [​IMG]

Once you slide the wheel mounts into their intended position for bot mode, here is what your Optimus Prime should look like (mine is a Buster Prime):
    [​IMG]

In my humble opinion, this new mod gets an awesome figure even more awesomely closer to his CG design!!![​IMG]

OR... if you are partial to his original look, here you go... he can still pull it off!
    [​IMG]

And lastly, I would like to say, "THANK YOU" TO aUtoBoT RatCHeT for helping Prime through this strenuous process of design and development...
    [​IMG]
    LOL... just kidding... Thank you so much to OMEGAPRIME1983 for getting this whole project started!!! Communicating with you is awesome, and you have been great to work with. Much props, homie.

BTW... you may notice that my voyager Ratchet may also be a bit different than others...:wink: :wink: 

Thoughts? If you like it and want a set, read up on the next post for ordering instructions.

Best regards,
    Savio Prime.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SWEET, SAVIO! I can't tell you how much fun it was coming up with these parts with you my friend, and I can garantee that if I come up with more idea's like this, I'll definitely be coming to you for help. Thanks so much for everything, and guys, this mod is quick and easy, and makes prime look SO MUCH better than he does stock. I am not even sure why hastakomy didn't do it in the first place. Best of luck, and I hope these sell well!

3. chris24jc

chris24jc OptiChris Prime

Dude! That looks awesome! Very cool implementation too! That's a lot of work! Kudos gentlemen!!

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks chris! Now buy some!!!! :D  :lol 

5. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    OmegaPrime1983, you should be receiving your new sets tomorrow!

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes I know I am super excited :D  I can't wait to get the new ones installed for my prime, :D  :D  :D  WOOOOT!Perhaps I will put the other extra set on my unpainted prime right off the bat.. IDK BUT THESE PARTS ARE DUH SHEEIITTTTT. LOVE EM!

7. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Thank you very much!
    I really think you will be very happy with the new material compared to the old.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Savio, I GOT THE PARTS BUDDY!! And you are right, the new material that you used is freaking AWESOME!!! They just FEEL more durable. One thing to mention about these though to who ever does buy these, get yourselves some hobby files and use a small round file to widen the opening where the pin attaches to, and go very gently. I tried to work it with JUST the pin, and I still managed to break the hub part. SO BE CAREFUL WORKING WITH THESE!! If you are, you will not be disappointed, that I promise you.

9. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I'm glad you got them and I look forward to seeing updated pics of your OP! I haven't had any problems with the pins fitting in. I just use real gradual pressure guiding the pin in with pliers, taking it nice and slow. I make sure to feel each barb of the pin slide into the pinhole. It should take about 3 seconds per barb to sink in.

10. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    wow dude..these are great. I have one more prime in the works and I will be getting a set of these.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice info savi, I didn't know it would take THAT slow to get the pins in. Encline, coming from you about the design makes me feel great about these parts, so thank you sir for that. Savi, I am thinking of some more parts. if you're interested in getting in on it, let me know brother!

12. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    The pm's are coming in and I'm glad to see that people feel these parts will improve their OP's. The new parts are very functional and continue to work well. The mold is holding up just fine also. I've run close to 20 shots so far, and I have a back up mold for when this one dies out.

I already have sets ready to go (and several already reserved!), so once I receive the Paypals I will mail off the orders!
    Awesome! I've got a set with your name on it (figuratively!).

Yes, I am cautious just because of all the previous versions I went through before the final design. So I definitely recommend taking your time pushing the pins in. The parts are durable and even a TAD bit flexible (84 durometer level urethane). The plastic will flex and conform to the pin so long as it's done with some TLC.

As far as what other idea(s) you have going on, sure let me know and I'll see what I can do for you!

Savio.

13. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Upate: I'll be sending out some sets in the mail today for those have sent in payments through Paypal!

If any of you are still interested, please send me a pm. I've got some sets put aside for those that have expressed interest, and more waiting to be claimed!

Best regards,
    Savio.

14. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This looks excellent. I might buy a set, if I can convince myself that I'll be able to remove the pins.

15. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I can tell you how I did it, and maybe that will help you?

16. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Orders for the day have been mailed!

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I know how to do it. The trick now is making sure I can do it. :lol 

Plus, I have a spare ROTF Prime to pratice on.

18. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Awesome. Let me know how it goes for you my friend! I had two Primes as well. I practiced on my first one, and did the final modification on my Buster Prime.

So long as you have a game plan on how to do something first, you're halfway there!

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    quick and simple process.... process.. no pun intended there, any way, the toothed end of the pins run counterclockwise so on the right hip, push forward, and the left side, push toward the back :)  hope that helps man.

20. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Two more orders should be going out today.

Thanks!:thumbs2: :thumbs2: